News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Kopyleft Authors

Started by Cain, March 05, 2007, 09:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cainad (dec.)

Everything I post here is Kopyleft, unless I say otherwise (which I probably won't). Please notify me if you use my crap in any publications, so I can remind that doing so is probably a terrible idea.

Fractalbeard

Hell, if something I've created is posted here and it's good, use it, it's a compliment.  I am an attention whore and fame skank, though, and would like credit and notification.
Any technology distinguishable from magic is insuficiently advanced.

Fuquad

Anything in any of my identities is kopylefted.

Just attribute a made up quote to "C.G. Casey" and I'll be happy.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

navkat

If I happen to write something worthy, all I ask is that you don't call it yours and DO cite a ref...even if you just say: "Some chick I ran into said___"

That way, if I ever paraphrase myself somewhere else; I don't get accused of plagiary for something *I* wrote.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on November 20, 2008, 02:56:37 AM
I didn't realize that I haven't posted anything in this thread.

If I ever manage to write anything worth repeating then it is KopyLeft/Share-Alike. I'd like to be notified because my ego needs every little boost it can get.
Slight correction:  My works are Kopyleft for everyone except for Uncle BadTouch.  :|
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No longer applicable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 22, 2009, 05:31:24 PM

If I ever manage to write anything worth repeating then it is KopyLeft/Share-Alike. I'd like to be notified because my ego needs every little boost it can get.
Slight correction:  My works are Kopyleft for everyone except for Uncle BadTouch.  :|

ummmmmm that's not... really how kopyleft works

if you really don't want people reposting your stuff, don't mark it (K).

marking it (K) gives anyone the right to repost, modify, or even sell your work.

the last yatto

then we shall call it kopyleftOVER
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

wouldnt making a bizzaro list of people who dont have permission to use kopyleftover be fun?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on January 22, 2009, 08:50:54 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 22, 2009, 05:31:24 PM

ummmmmm that's not... really how kopyleft works

if you really don't want people reposting your stuff, don't mark it (K).

marking it (K) gives anyone the right to repost, modify, or even sell your work.

TITCM... though there ARE licenses that allow you to make specifications about what can or can't be done with your work. You could even write your own license if you wanted... though that is probably a bit overkill.

And I thought the 23ae post was fine. At least he properly attributed the work.

EDIT: Actually, to stop someone from re-posting your material, you would probably need to actually claim Copyright. I ran through Creative Commons and some of the other copyleft licenses and none of them seem to permit saying "But Uncle BadTouch can't use it". Under Copyright, though, in theory you could say "Free redistributable except for Uncle BadTouch." I'm not a copyright lawyer, so I don't know how much actual legal footing you would have...

Since his real name isn't Uncle BadTouch anyway, I doubt it would work. Besides, why let some spag fuck with your philosophy? ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

I'd be thrilled if someone was able to sell and make money off of my stuff.  As long as they let me know about it.  I don't care about the chicken-scratch, but I do need to feed my ego.   :lol:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Idea:

If/when you change your Kopyleft status, or want to change how your posts are licensed, modify your post ITT, but specify the date at which point it applies...

For example, if I decide that all my stuff from now on is protected by Copyright, I should note "All posts from 1/22/09 onwards are no longer Kopyleft"

I'm not sure of the legality of copyrighting your work after it's entered the public domain...

Also: if you change your status, modify your original post ITT! Recently I was going through this thread to find out if someone was (K), and found their post ITT. But I realized that if they changed their license later on in the thread, I wouldn't see the note.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on January 22, 2009, 09:54:07 PM
Idea:

If/when you change your Kopyleft status, or want to change how your posts are licensed, modify your post ITT, but specify the date at which point it applies...

For example, if I decide that all my stuff from now on is protected by Copyright, I should note "All posts from 1/22/09 onwards are no longer Kopyleft"

I'm not sure of the legality of copyrighting your work after it's entered the public domain...

Also: if you change your status, modify your original post ITT! Recently I was going through this thread to find out if someone was (K), and found their post ITT. But I realized that if they changed their license later on in the thread, I wouldn't see the note.

If you want to use a copyleft or copyright license, you should state it at the end of the piece... I don't think it holds up if you post it in a different thread, 40 posts down...

Kopyleft, on the other hand... well, it doesn't matter since its a Discordian license ;-)

Also, I think there have been a couple legal questions in the FSF which indicate you can't un-Public Domain something...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

the last yatto

kopyleftover
allow same benefits as kopyleft, but under the exception
that those in the following list who use kopyleftover may be
subject to Corpus Hypercubus

bones

One of my teachers last year said that anything they wrote for lectures belonged to the University, which she was pissed off about. When I suggested that she put it online first and release it to public domain, so that the Uni couldn't claim it after that, she seemed to think that wasn't possible.

I still think she must be wrong, but maybe she'd signed a contract saying that she would create content for the Uni or some bullshit like that?
filmmusic