News:

i mean, pardon my english but this, the life i'm living is ww1 trench warfare.

Main Menu

BIP: another intro.

Started by Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.), March 14, 2007, 10:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Okay, it's not big, it may not even be clever, but it's another way to pick the scab so to speak. Maybe part of another pamphlet.

I am in the Black Iron Prison. Everybody tells me that I'll never beat it. They tell me that it was the dumbest thing to get involved with. People are like that, they're always so damn sure they're right and to a certain degree they are right. I tell them, my hide is mine and I pay the price, I entered the prison, just like they do every day without knowing it. You already know that it's not really a prison. No steel bars. But you can feel them on the periphery of your perception. They protect you, and for this prison business, you need protection. Yes, most poor slobs never come back and I guess that these bars weren't too helpful to them. I guess they made some stupid mistake at some point. I've been down here thirty-odd years, I know. You see, when you're in the prison, nothing happens at first. You're in pitch darkness, that's all. Then you hear a noise. It's like paper being crumpled. The sound of the wardens waking up. It's the worse part, because you know that they're going to sniff at you, to assess you, and that you won't be able to see them. After that, it's quite easy, I'd almost say routine. If you want to see the light again, like I do, you'd better know three basic rules before you try for a jail break.

1. Know that you are in a prison.
2. Know that you are not in a prison.
3. Know that your prison is your prison.

[ re-written from and inspired by Giles Tran's 'The Cage.' adapt and change to suit ]
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

I'm wondering if we're running with the metaphor a bit too much.  Too many trees, not enough forest, and all that.

Cain

LMNO

Yeah.  I'm thinking it's time to table this metaphor, and start working on a nother facet of the PD.  We've pretty much covered the reality grid/map thing, so what's next?  The Hodge/Podge?  Starbuck's Pepples?  The Pentabarf?

Or do we (gasp!) try to think of something new?

Lies

Let's be dangerous and think of something new IMO.
What exactly. Well. I'm thinking right now.

Fractal theory perhaps?
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

LMNO

Not new.

However, maybe you have a new angle on it, that reveals something useful.  Go for it.

Mangrove

if we cast our frazzled memories back in time - the BIP was the first salvo of what was going to be PD06.

but it would seem that BIP as a concept threw up so much discussion & writing tha PD06 became BIP almost exclusively.

if we go back to the original intention, it was to reinvestigate the PD and see what was salvageable, what was garbage and what could be extended.

of course, i'm happy to hear 'new stuff'. but i'm thinking that we never really finished up the original plan, which was to give the PD a contemporary overhaul.

the recent magazine discussion is interesting, but it might be a diversion. it's like adding another layer of ideas to already unfinished stuff.

but i've not had cereal yet and these comments are subject to change.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

AFK

I like this idea.  So, maybe the next step is to determine what in the PD is not grid-related.  Because, ultimately, we'd wind up right back in the BIP. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 14, 2007, 02:18:21 PM
I like this idea.  So, maybe the next step is to determine what in the PD is not grid-related.  Because, ultimately, we'd wind up right back in the BIP. 

yeah.

i think LHX has been favoring 'law of 5s' as the new subject for investigation. (sorry X if i got that wrong).

given the recent '23' movie and all that, this might be a good place to start the next few months of philosophical thrashing about.

Lies

Umn, are you suggesting that we change the holy numbers or something so we don't get sued by Jim Carrey? ^_^"
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Mangrove

Quote from: Lysergic on March 14, 2007, 02:23:56 PM
Umn, are you suggesting that we change the holy numbers or something so we don't get sued by Jim Carrey? ^_^"

no.  8)

LMNO

Much like "Reality maps" became "Black Iron Prisons", we should think up a new metaphor for the Law of Fives (and Starbuck's pebbles, because that's pretty much the same thing).

AFK

I'm already envisioning a pamphlet cover for the Starbuck's pebble idea.  It would incorporate Syn's avatar at POEE. 

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I have a big version of that.

Okay, I'll stick to the art folks. ;)
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

AFK

I think there's also a lot of potential in the pebbles idea for spreading the message.  I'm thinking walking the streets of your local urban locality with a travel mug with dots on it.  A roving Starbuck's Pebbles test.  Or whatver we come up with.