News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

BIP: another intro.

Started by Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.), March 14, 2007, 10:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

fuck it

law of fives is the BIP

if somebody has a foul disposition - they will see it as not 'cheery'
if somebody is in a progressive state of mind, they see the BIP as just another place to be

the BIP seems to stand up to scrutiny and it seems to be something that is still there even when you try to ignore it / avoid it

escaping from the BIP would be like escaping from the universe

the only thing that is uncomfortable about the BIP is that it suggests some amount of responsibility exists

the law of fives says you can call the BIP whatever you want to

the BIP is limitations
the law of fives is freedom to use your limitations in whatever way you can imagine
neat hell

Cramulus

Quote from: LHX on March 14, 2007, 03:31:30 PM
fuck it

law of fives is the BIP

Hold on there. As I understand it--

Law of Fives - basically says that you make reality through your perceptions and expectations
Phillip K Dick Iron Prison - basically says that you're trapped inside your perceptions and expectations

when I started typing this post I was going to disagree that they're the same thing -- but now I think I see where you're going

LMNO

Well, since now we're really talking about it:

I'd say that Lo5 = the human brain will do it's damndest to find connections between things, even if there are no "real" connections to be made, and then convince itself that there really is a connection.

BIP [side note: PKD's BIP is very, very different from the BIP we came up with.  Please be careful if you're going to use PKDIP instead of BIP] = Our perceptions have biological and psychological limitations that we tend to not notice, or forget about.

While they relate, I don't think they're the "same thing".

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on March 14, 2007, 03:43:55 PM

BIP [side note: PKD's BIP is very, very different from the BIP we came up with.  Please be careful if you're going to use PKDIP instead of BIP] = Our perceptions have biological and psychological limitations that we tend to not notice, or forget about.

Oh I'm just saying that to be a jerk. We spent a while banging our fists on the table saying OUR BIP IS NOT PKD'S BIP and I found that exceptionally humorous. I've never even read PKD so it was lost on me anyway.  :p

Lies

Oh this all gives me another thought, the whole "you find what your looking for" concept fo the law of 5's.

How about we do something on "Magick"/"Law of attraction"?
I'm not neccesirly talking about ritual magick here, but the idea that if theres something you want, and you *really* keep it in mind that this is what you want, you'll eventually start finding things that point the way to where you want to go?
(I hope you guys know what I'm talking about and not just dismiss me as some crazy dude who thinks he's a maghiquetion with comicz powars or something.)
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

LMNO

Yeah, it's the "quarter trick" from Chapter 1 of Prometheus Rising.

What the Thinker Thinks, the Prover Proves, and all that.

You tell your brain to keep an eye out for a particular thing, and it sees it "more", and ignores all the times it didn't see it.

DJRubberducky

Lysergic, have you ever heard of Dion Fortune?  D.M. Kraig refers to her as someone who claims that magic(k) works by altering your own consciousness, which then prompts to possibly take courses of action you wouldn't otherwise (even minor ones like driving home by a different route) and manifests the desired goal that way.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Lies

Oh good, so you guys don't think I'm a complete quack then lol.

So, I suppose then, its agreed Magick could be a topic of interest in BIP?
- Oh it exists, and how!

LMNO

No.

Unless, of course, it's to completely debunk the whole process.  Perhaps a few centuries ago, people had to make up explainations and rituals to get to a certain point where you could force your brain to look for certain patterns.  But most of that is silly bullshit, and is no longer needed.

Plus, most thelemites and wiccans are fuckheads.

LHX

the BIP are man's true physical limitations

nobody knows what exactly these limits are

every time we become more open-minded / become better critical thinkers / over come a taboo (jailbreak) - we broaden our expanses / expand our limitations / experience boundless freedom until we come across the next set of limitations (new 'prison')

some of the limitations we perceive are not actually limitations - in that regard - people limit themselves

barstools remind that there are limitations

the law of fives says you can call these limitations whatever you want to call them (including BIP)

if the word 'prison' makes people feel uncomfortable - then pick a new word

if the word 'black' makes people feel uncomfortable - WAYSA

if the word 'iron' makes people feels uncomfortable - pick a different metal/substance or get over the phobia
neat hell

Lies

Quote from: DJRubberducky on March 14, 2007, 03:57:24 PM
Lysergic, have you ever heard of Dion Fortune?  D.M. Kraig refers to her as someone who claims that magic(k) works by altering your own consciousness, which then prompts to possibly take courses of action you wouldn't otherwise (even minor ones like driving home by a different route) and manifests the desired goal that way.
yeah, I've got a book called "How to manifest your destiny" by some dude who reckons he's a dr, Wayne W. Dyer.

I picked it up at an occult bookshop. I don't know what it was that made me want to buy it... but I did anyway... and then once I bought it, and read it, I started to note that in a fucked up way it made sense.  And then I noticed that there were very similer "methods" that all promised the same result from other places I researched... was very curious.
- Oh it exists, and how!

Thurnez Isa

dark metalic incarceration?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

LMNO

LHX, you're not suggesting that the BIP is a Unified Theory of Discordia, are you?   Cuz you're sort of sounding like the BIP is THE ANSWER.

Lies

Quote from: LMNO on March 14, 2007, 04:01:26 PM
No.

Unless, of course, it's to completely debunk the whole process.  Perhaps a few centuries ago, people had to make up explainations and rituals to get to a certain point where you could force your brain to look for certain patterns.  But most of that is silly bullshit, and is no longer needed.

Plus, most thelemites and wiccans are fuckheads.
You just said that it's talked about in promethius rising, (which I haven't read yet) so why not give the promethius rising spin on it? Unless you think it's complete crock?
- Oh it exists, and how!

LHX

no - it isnt THE ANSWER

people have limitations

limitations are like a type of prison

im saying it can be called whatever people want to call it
but it doesnt alter the fact that something has been identified that isnt simply a shared delusion

we examine the nature of limitations

we examine what can and cant be done

we dont take other peoples word for it
neat hell