News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Reality Feedback Loops

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, March 16, 2007, 03:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

These exist as a pair of "cycles."  The BELIEF CREATES EXPERIENCE (Lo5) cycle, and the EXPERIENCE CREATES BELIEF (BIP) cycle.  These I guess you can imagine as a pair of gears spinning against each other, each feeding off the momentum of the other, creating an infinite loop.  That is, Belief creates Experience, which then creates Belief.  And so on.

This is not something that exists everywhere, obviously.  People experience all kinds of things all the time that they don't even have opinions about, much less beliefs.  That's the raw energy for the process, new unquantified experiences.  So, the Feedback Loop is something that we have sets of.  We have the "Job" loop, the "Friday Night Out" loop, etc.

In order to 'break' the loop, or force it to cope with something new, we have a few alternatives:

1. Experience something you can never believe.
2. Believe something that's incompatible with experience.
3. Put yourself in a situation where beliefs and experience can't get along, but stay there long enough so that you can't just write it off as a 'fluke.'

Somebody else run with this :P
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Triple Zero

but mom told me not to run with sharp things
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.