News:

PD.com: can increase your susceptibility to cancer, dementia, heart disease, diabetes, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus - even the common cold.

Main Menu

Messiah Complex

Started by LHX, March 27, 2007, 04:13:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lies

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on March 31, 2007, 12:49:15 PM
your words are appreciated.

I recognize that anything said has probably been said before; there is nothing new under the sun.

that being said, I'm new here and I need to find what works and what doesn't.  Experience is the best way to do that.  How should I blindly take roger's and RBG's openers seriously if I have not seen evidence to their truths?  Would that not make me a blind sheep falling in line to the status quo? 

Why should I trust the words of some random shmoe I know from nothing?

You've already had the chance to experience what I'm doing now and when you were satisfied with what you saw you moved on and integrated yourself.

The same will be true with me.  Just like everyone here wants me to prove themself to them, I want the same of everyone else.

Until then, try not to make yourself sick with this, it's not good for you.

I can't remember who said it but "I wouldn't partake in any institution that would have me as a member."

I interperet this (in this specific application) to mean anyone who is readilly accepting comes off as clingy and needy and thus undesireable.  I'll get my fill of shit and get tired like everyone else did at some point.

Oh dude, I'm not sick of it. Actually, I find highly amusing, but not for the reasons you may think. Really, the faster you grow out of your "kid gloves" and start playing with the adults, the better.

I sympathise with where your at man, which is why I'm taking the energy to tell you this, and I know that if you stick around long enough to see other noobs come in, you'll start to see where everyones coming from.

See, I had the same sort of thinking line of "What the fuck is wrong with these guys, they don't think anything I'm saying is amusing? wtf? This isn't how I imagined discordians to treat each other... They must not "get it", and I'm the only one that does here... "

Then I realised that they did "get it". They got it 50 years ago. And that theres heaps of more shit to learn once you do get it, and the more you learn the more you grow out of being a "DISCORDIAN!OMG23PENIEL" and become more a "discordian".
Really, theres nothing "wrong" with being a "DISCORDIAN!OMG23PENIEL", it's just that it becomes annoying with all the "discordians" who know what your trying to get at, but really understand that you've missed the whole fucking point of PD if you think you have to act like a Capital D dickhead DISCORDIAN.

Man, when I'm out in public, I'm a really "out there" guy, hell, im in the middle of a campaign here in Australia trying to get more people to recognise the goddess, and while I've managed to get a few people interested, I know my technique could always use more work, and I learn more and more interesting things here on PD forums that help me accomplish that end goal of helping people become "aware" of reality. But the personality I have in public is a bit of a mask, a performance if you will. It's not who I *am*. To me, discordia is just a conceptual banner that I can get free thinking people to rally under, to show people the symbology in terms that I find usefull, it's not about worshipping the symbol itself. That is just pure fucking lunacy. Eris is a proudly imaginary goddess, but to me is more real then any other god-form that pretends to be real.
In that analogy, Discordia is Symbol to show the underlying symbology. The more "DISCORDIAN!23PENIEL" you act, the more it sorta shows that you are worshipping the symbol as opposed to the ideal.

Now, do you believe that?
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Ambassador KAOS

Quote from: Lysergic on March 31, 2007, 01:13:33 PM
noobs come in, you'll start to see where everyones coming from.

See, I had the same sort of thinking line of "What the fuck is wrong with these guys, they don't think anything I'm saying is amusing? wtf? This isn't how I imagined discordians to treat each other... They must not "get it", and I'm the only one that does here... "

Then I realised that they did "get it". They got it 50 years ago. And that theres heaps of more shit to learn once you do get it, and the more you learn the more you grow out of being a "DISCORDIAN!OMG23PENIEL" and become more a "discordian".

you're missing something vital here...
I'm not doubting that they get it or pretending that I do, one must assess there surroundings when entering a situation.

By testing the waters they get to see how much I do and don't get, and I them, plus it also reveals that same information to the selves of the respected parties.  Indeed there is much to learn here, that's why I'm still around.  If everyone fell into line and sucked my knob I'd assess very quickly that the group was not worthy of being considered among peers and had little in the way rescources to offer. 

Not that anyone of wisdom would reject a new pupil on either end, as you can never have too many rescources.

Additionally, if I came in and started brown nosing the admins they wouldn't feel I had anything at all to offer (not that they will ever admit that I do publically or especially not me personally) and would only throw me a bone in the training department when they were feeling generous, and then, only out of pitty.

By showing my knowledge and confidence in myself and of my abilities (wherever they may be at) it shows merrits more attention to detail.  Further, calling attention to the fact that I am dedicated to the idea of learning what I can allows them to test that as well.

preface all statements with "IMO for now".
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

Lies

Yeah, I get what your saying, except, there are better ways to go about things, is all I'm saying.
There is no "wrong" way, it's just there are more "effective" ways.

Seriously. Think about it- Why *did* you come here?
I know there would be multiple reasons.
I know you probably had the best intentions.
But the way you've been coming across is basically thus:
OMG I'm a crazy dude, LOOK I make MY OWN MUSIC YOU GUYS SHOULD LOVE IT, Ahaha I'm so FUCKING CHAOTE SO SLING SHIT AT ME I dunT CarE Hahaha YOU GUYS ARE COOL WE COULD BE FRIENDS if You Only Understood my jokes!

*odd intelligent remark*

Ahaha I'm so FUCKING CHAOTE

ect ect.

Anyway, I've had enough of talking about this. I'll let you figure the rest out yourself from now on.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Jenne

Quote from: LHX on March 27, 2007, 04:13:21 AM

also:
predict your downfall by somebody close to you or at the least a assassination

Does that happen?  Holy shit!

And jeezus, it's the fucking internets.  Levity, people, levity. 

East Coast Hustle

ITT, Lysergic come up with a very clear and neutrally phrased way of explaining to all n00bs why their stupid shit IS stupid shit, but to no avail.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

as the prophesies have predicted.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

QuoteThe more "DISCORDIAN!23PENIEL" you act, the more it sorta shows that you are worshipping the symbol as opposed to the ideal.

Quoted for advanced-formula troofpaste.