News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Meme Bomb Refinement

Started by LHX, March 29, 2007, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ambassador KAOS

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 03:07:55 PM
Funny, when I mentioned it to my wife I didn't get head.  She couldn't stop laughing. 

and now you know why.  :lulz:
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 02:06:03 PM
I don't know.  I think t-shirts and bumper stickers are becoming old-hat.  The Mooninite campaign was going in the right direction though probably could have been executed better. 

I don't think people really read t-shirts and bumper stickers like they used to.  Nowadays people who put bumper stickers on their cars usually put 20 or 30.  And the t-shirts, with Hot Topic and other chains, that tactic has really become saturated. 

I think innovation is the key.

bus stops still work up here
or reallly any place that people are forced to wait with nothing to do
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

AFK

Too bad state government would frown upon it, because the DMV would be the perfect spot.  You've gotta wait 2 hours just to get a license plate. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on March 30, 2007, 02:42:51 PM

I don't wear t-shirts with printed stuff on it, I'm actually noted and known for my BULLSHIT AND REPOST.

Fixed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

rygD

Stickers are good for widely public places and when you are on the move, but plain old bathroom wall graffiti works better than stickers (unless there are some high quality ones with a good adhesive) in the bathroom due to the fact that stickers are easy to pull off.  I have been considering doing the bathroom graffiti thing, even though it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth.

T-shirts still work.  Yes, Hot Topic, t-shirt hell and Wal-Mart may be saturating the market with them, but I know many people still read them.  All the better if they have eye catching pictures.  I really don't wear t-shirts that are not plain, solid color ones unless they are completely retarded (literally..."God's love is contagious at Camp Courageous"...feel free to attack me for making fun of them) or actually make me laugh, like some of the Bounty Hunter Inc. ones.  I would love to see one with "miscarriage=manslaughter" with a suitable picture.  Stickers work here, too.
:rbtg:

Quote from: rygD on March 07, 2007, 02:53:03 PM
...nuke Iraq and give it to the Jews...

cyberus

Just some ideas.  For those that want to stray away from the norm of stickers and T-shirts in favor of innovation, there are a few things that come to mind.

http://www.billboardliberation.com/
I think this has been mentioned here before, but they have done some good stuff, and they tell you how to do it as well.

http://graffitiresearchlab.com/?page_id=76
I know this has been mentioned here, in the random links thread I think.  The program they use is open source, and, barring the expensive projector and laptop, quite easy to put together.

http://www.banksy.co.uk/
Then there's plain old spraypaint.  Sure, it can be tired, and cliche, but that all depends on how you use it.  Although a lot of Banksy's stuff has become cliche(I know three people who have the girl hugging the bomb tattooed on them,) when it gets out there, I'm sure it makes people think.  I'm curious though, what's the veiw of Banksy in the U.K.?
The bun-sellers or cake-makers were in nothing inclinable to their request; but,which was worse,did injure them most outrageously,called them prattling gabblers,lickorous gluttons,freckled bittors,mangy rascals,shite-a-bed scoundrels,drunken roysters,sly knaves,drowsy loiterers,slapsauce fellows,slabberdegullion druggels,lubberly louts,cozening foxes,ruffian rogues,paltry customers,sycophant-varlets,drawlatch hoydens,flouting milksops,jeering companions,staring clowns,forlorn snakes,ninny lobcocks,scurvy sneaksbies,fondling fops,base loons,saucy coxcombs,idle lusks,scoffing braggarts,noddy meacocks,blockish grutnols,doddipol-joltheads,jobbernol goosecaps,foolish loggerheads,flutch calf-lollies,grouthead gnat-snappers,lob-dotterels,gaping changelings,codshead loobies,woodcock slangams,ninny-hammer flycatchers,noddypeak simpletons,turdy gut,shitten shepherds,and other suchlike defamatory epithets; saying further,that it was not for them to eat of these dainty cakes...

Payne

Quote from: cyberus on April 01, 2007, 05:10:13 AM
http://www.banksy.co.uk/
Then there's plain old spraypaint.  Sure, it can be tired, and cliche, but that all depends on how you use it.  Although a lot of Banksy's stuff has become cliche(I know three people who have the girl hugging the bomb tattooed on them,) when it gets out there, I'm sure it makes people think.  I'm curious though, what's the veiw of Banksy in the U.K.?

Underreported in my view here in the U.K., certainly in scotland (he is mostly active in London). I like his stuff, but nobody ever knows what I'm talking about when I mention him, so it's good for messing around with 'Art Critics' conversations.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

IMO, this entire approach to meme bombs is questionable.

Step 1 -  come up with slogan

Step 2 - put slogan somewhere

Step 3 - feel the powerful aftershocks of the populous'
newfound autonomy trembling in your wake

I mean,

Come

on.

Doesn't that seem just a tad bit ineffective to you?

What makes you think you're doing anything more than
entertaining like minded strangers for a short interval?

Why spend so much time on all these messages if you don't
have a way to measure their efficacy? Or do you?

Or are you even willing to face the possibility that
there's something wrong with your message and/or the
way you transmitted it? 

What do you intend to accomplish with these messages and
how will you know you've accomplished them?

Meme bombs are far less important than
what your intended audience makes of them.

How do you know they're getting the right message?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Ambassador KAOS

Quote from: Netaungrot on April 01, 2007, 10:38:40 PM

No certainties, just put it out there and hope for the best.

Like anything, do it long enough and it's awareness will build it's own momentum.
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

Payne

Do it long enough and it becomes background noise you mean?

Familiarity builds contempt. So some old geezer said anyway.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on April 02, 2007, 03:40:54 AM

Like anything, do it long enough and it's awareness will build it's own momentum.

:mullet:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on April 02, 2007, 03:45:08 AM
Do it long enough and it becomes background noise you mean?

Familiarity builds contempt. So some old geezer said anyway.

To which Churchhill replied, "Without some amount of familiarity, it is impossible to breed anything."

Of course, this doesn't change the fact that AKK's posts are full of shit and spam.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on April 02, 2007, 03:40:54 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on April 01, 2007, 10:38:40 PM

Keep fucking that light socket, pal.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A