Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

superpoop has something against libertarians lately:

and sorry, I couldn't resist this one either

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Iason Ouabache

From Connecticut's House of Representatives:

House Minority Leader Lawrence F. Cafero Jr., R-Norwalk, far right, speaks while colleagues play solitaire on their computers as the House convenes to vote on a new budget for the fiscal year in the Capitol, in Hartford, Conn., Monday, Aug., 31, 2009.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Its OK - those laptops were probably "gifts" from Russian and Chinese spies anyway

Triple Zero

Quote from: CainIts OK - those laptops were probably "gifts" from Russian and Chinese spies anyway

:lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pariah

So I flip over to the Editorials today and this is what I see

:facepalm:
I'm not one who is easily offended but...
for fuck's sake Ramirez
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Cain

I'm not sure I get it.

I mean, I get the 9/11 symbology, which is another hilarious example of hypocrisy from the American right surrounding the whole thing, but how does Van Jones symbolise a plane? 

Cain

I sincerely hope this wasn't designed by an astro turf organisation:

I mean, seriously.  Puns don't really work well when the word you are riffing off is replaced by a picture.  It means you have to shift between visual and linguistic thinking, which ruins the impact.

Also, it's kinda crap.

Mangrove

Quote from: Cain on September 13, 2009, 04:31:10 PM
I sincerely hope this wasn't designed by an astro turf organisation:

I mean, seriously.  Puns don't really work well when the word you are riffing off is replaced by a picture.  It means you have to shift between visual and linguistic thinking, which ruins the impact.

Also, it's kinda crap.

Given how stupid the sign is and given how stupid the woman looks my guess is that she made the sign herself and didn't plan it out properly. She forgot to include the word 'lion' until someone pointed out the error and thus she stuck on the picture at the 11th hour....so as not to look stupid of course.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Sir Squid Diddimus

That's just awful.
If she was my grandma I'd smack her on the back of the head and make her false teeth fly out of her mouth and yell "Do better than that!"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Squid on September 13, 2009, 06:17:52 PM
That's just awful.
If she was my grandma I'd smack her on the back of the head and make her false teeth fly out of her mouth and yell "Do better than that!"

Yes, we have STANDARDS for bigots in our family, too.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Da6s

Someone created that and put it on Reddit.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Idem

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 13, 2009, 06:21:56 PM
Quote from: Squid on September 13, 2009, 06:17:52 PM
That's just awful.

Yes, we have STANDARDS for bigots in our family, too.

:lulz:
:mittens:

Remington

Quote from: Da6s on September 13, 2009, 11:28:10 PM

Someone created that and put it on Reddit.
:mittens:

That is awesome on so many levels.
Is it plugged in?