News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Triple Zero on October 04, 2009, 07:18:01 PM
While that is a glorious achievement of this Chaos Brigade, does it matter that they changed the stamps?

Maybe I'm assessing the situation wrong, but I imagine your campus is rather big and there are designated good spots for postering all over the place. To distinguish a scanned stamp from the real thing is going to take examination from no more than 1 or 2 ft distance. Is some janitor / facility management person really going to check all the poster spots from up close to determine whether the stamps are real? Really?

I say this Chaos Brigade should not stop before the Mgt decides it is necessary to use specifically UV waterproofed paper for posters to determine authenticity. :lol:

No but seriously, the only thing I can imagine is that this Mgt may spot one fake stamp on a certain location and can then continue to quickly remove all posters that look exactly the same without close inspection. In which case, you should most definitely abuse the fuck out of that piece of security theater by colour scanning + printing some posters of boring shit you don't like and make their reproduced stamps look just a bit more fake than they should, and hopefully prompting the Mgt into carelessly removing all of the boring posters even if they have authentic stamps.

Do campus organisations also get sanctioned if they put up unstamped posters? Because, you know, more fun can be had.

Oh, I'm holding out for requiring RFID tags on posters.  What gets me is that they apparently only enforce the rules if they feel like it.  There are flyers advertising student employment pyramid schemes all over the place, completely unstamped, that have been up for years in some cases - because it's public space and that means it's the job of someone else to take care of cleaning things up.

In our case, it wasn't that the stamps were detectably fake (except for the ones dated 2012 and such), but that people took the "obscene" posters to complain the the lady in charge - "Why would you ever approve this?!? It says 'Curiosity killed the cat; don't be a pussy' on it in big letters!  PUSSY! That word is so offensive and obscene and sexist and I AM NOT A PRUDE BUT I'M JUST SAYING... " blah blah blah.  Apparently, the people in charge of approving the flyers caught a lot of flak from people who believed the flyers had been genuinely approved.  We got in trouble not because we broke the stated rules, but because we annoyed people in charge.  Marianist Values®!

Our MO last year was to print off one copy of each flyer and then B&W photocopy them at $.05 each - 5 bucks is enough to put multiples in every stairwell on campus.  I guess they're thinking that we would need a color copy at $.75 each, and wouldn't make any because it would be prohibitively expensive?  But this year, I have my own quality color printer available to the Brigade, so it just means we'll be making brightly colored eye-catching posters since we have to use color anyway.   :lol:
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Sir Squid Diddimus

Bu🤠ns

:lulz:  i like how the prez is the last one.

Idem

rong

where are the nobel peace price cartoons?  nothing?  how 'bout a kanye west, "sorry obama, ima let you finish, but ghandi did it better"  too played out?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Cain

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Sir Squid Diddimus

Jenne

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bu🤠ns

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human