News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

QuoteWe are at a crossroads in the history of the Holocaust. As the last survivors perish, we are losing a direct link to their witnessing of the horror, the miracles, the fear, the death, the stories of endurance and of moments of incredible humanity. We must and will continue to tell their stories.

But we want to be sure we are passing on more than trauma, coping mechanisms, and numbers. Including Harry Potter in the Holocaust literature canon seems like a thoughtful choice that can aid in purposes as diverse as the readers who engage with the texts, and which helps us think about the survivors who are no longer with us.

:hitlerbanjo:

Odibex Grallspice

any first butt of evil we took was when we read a book

anyway, this guy started political cartooning,Thomas Nast:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cramulus on May 05, 2020, 07:36:37 PM
Including Harry Potter in the Holocaust literature canon seems like a thoughtful choice that can aid in purposes as diverse as the readers who engage with the texts, and which helps us think about the survivors who are no longer with us.

[/quote]

I want my fucking asteroid.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2020, 10:23:41 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 05, 2020, 07:36:37 PM
Including Harry Potter in the Holocaust literature canon seems like a thoughtful choice that can aid in purposes as diverse as the readers who engage with the texts, and which helps us think about the survivors who are no longer with us.

I want my fucking asteroid.

Doktor Howl can have a little extinction level event, as a treat.
:nuke2:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

PopeTom

Made a couple more Trump/Pence campaign signs.

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

PopeTom

-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Hail Eris!

The Wizard Joseph

Made this as a prototype for the image as meme-basis.
Want to stick to factual and verifiable quotes and data, but juxtaposed to display the very real and not at all funny absurdity. It's a joke, but if someone laughs I'd punch them.

ETA: would appreciate analysis and input on methodology. I want every last corpse squarely in his lap and rotting.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 07, 2020, 06:50:14 PM
ETA: would appreciate analysis and input on methodology. I want every last corpse squarely in his lap and rotting.

Don't say "approximately".  It means "not really".

Put in five digits of precision, even though you know the numbers aren't exact; it makes it feel more true.  ( My source says 72,271 as of yesterday).  And use a consistent date format.

Putting that together, for the lower section, I suggest:

"May 6: 72,271 confirmed covid-19 deaths in U.S."
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on May 07, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on May 07, 2020, 06:50:14 PM

Don't say "approximately".  It means "not really".

Put in five digits of precision, even though you know the numbers aren't exact; it makes it feel more true.  ( My source says 72,271 as of yesterday).  And use a consistent date format.

Putting that together, for the lower section, I suggest:

"May 6: 72,271 confirmed covid-19 deaths in U.S."

I like that. If someone quibbles about the PRECISE number it will at best make them look like a nit-picker and provoke folks to confirm the data's essential accuracy. At worst it does the essence of the message no harm whatsoever.

Thank you CNO.  :cheers:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus

PopeTom

-PopeTom

Hail Eris!

PopeTom

-PopeTom

Hail Eris!

The Wizard Joseph

So... I have received baseless accusations that I may have been somehow allegedly involved with the creation of certain memes. I have collected the memes in question and present them here along with the so-called "blank" image they are said to be derived from. They are for informational purposes only and definitely not for shenanigans of any sort. :fnord:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cramulus