News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Quote from: Kaou Suu on April 27, 2007, 02:50:07 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 27, 2007, 10:34:47 AM
I've never seen Lord of War, but Blood Diamond was brilliant.  I used to think De Caprio was another idiot pretty-boi actor, but in this he plays the Rhodesian mercenary quite well, even down to accent.  And the depictions of how the "rebels" basically mass murder villages was brutally realistic, for Hollywood.  That the plot pissed off De Beers made it all the better.

I saw a preview for Blood Diamond...must see it.

And Leonardo diCaprio grew up quite a bit in the past 10 years or so film wise. Big time.

I can't.  I actually work with a South African, and DiCaprio's accent is awful.  I'd just want to hurl things at the screen. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: SillyCybin on April 27, 2007, 03:27:00 PM
I'm trying to psyche myself up to watching that thing he's in with Matt Damon.

...You mean The Departed? Or is this something knew I'm not aware of yet?
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 27, 2007, 03:32:37 PM
Quote from: Kaou Suu on April 27, 2007, 02:50:07 PM
Quote from: Cain on April 27, 2007, 10:34:47 AM
I've never seen Lord of War, but Blood Diamond was brilliant.  I used to think De Caprio was another idiot pretty-boi actor, but in this he plays the Rhodesian mercenary quite well, even down to accent.  And the depictions of how the "rebels" basically mass murder villages was brutally realistic, for Hollywood.  That the plot pissed off De Beers made it all the better.

I saw a preview for Blood Diamond...must see it.

And Leonardo diCaprio grew up quite a bit in the past 10 years or so film wise. Big time.

I can't.  I actually work with a South African, and DiCaprio's accent is awful.  I'd just want to hurl things at the screen. 

He's not South African in the film.  And its much better than most American actors.

Idem

maphdet

I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

DJRubberducky

- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Cain

Pretty cool, getting on Yahoo news.  Must suck being in Iraq though.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

DJRubberducky

Quote from: Cain on May 15, 2007, 05:40:07 PM
Pretty cool, getting on Yahoo news.  Must suck being in Iraq though.

I can only imagine so, but y'know, I can't help but think this was a distinct danger when he first even signed up for the military.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.

Idem

Cain

Idem

Cain

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Shibboleet The Annihilator