News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on January 11, 2008, 12:13:44 AM
Er, he's not anti-gay rights. I saw a video of an interview with him about gays, prostitution, and drugs, and he said they were A-OK.

I think he's into letting people do their thing without governmental controls that infringe on the Constitution, whether he personally believes in those things or not.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Unless its abortion, because babies are people from the moment of conception.

Actually, I checked and he seems to have no problem with civil unions between gay couples.

Here is a definitive list of what he does have a problem with (source: Alternet)

Paul's proposed a number of court-stripping measures, shutting the courthouse door to discrimination suits based on sexual discrimination; he's tried to prohibit the government from mandating a minimum wage; he's tried to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act, which guarantees that workers on federal projects be paid a prevailing wage, and the Copeland Act, which bars kick-backs on federal projects; he has proposed freezing Social Security benefit levels and making the program fully optional, which would effectively destroy it; he has opposed measures that promote more voter participation; he would repeal key parts of American anti-trust law, gutting it; he's tried to deauthorize most federal agencies' regulatory powers; he's tried to eliminate all affirmative action programs; he's proposed altering the 14th Amendment to prohibit the children of immigrants from gaining citizenship; he's proposed eliminating or gutting a variety of environmental legislation; he's tried to kill the Anti-Ballistic Missile treaty and submitted legislation that would pull the United States out of the United Nations 12 different times; he has tried to eradicate the Department of Education, offered legislation to end federal involvement in educating kids; and he has proposed, at various times, the abolition of most taxes on wealth as well as income and the establishment of a flat tax. All of this is legislation that he not only supported, but proposed or co-sponsored.

Oh, and evolution is "just a theory".

Chairman Risus

Yeah but I don't think he was one of the ones that didn't believe in it.  Those were brownback, tancredo, and huckabee.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2008, 03:05:25 AM
Here is a definitive list of what he does have a problem with (source: Alternet)

Paul's proposed a number of court-stripping measures, shutting the courthouse door to discrimination suits based on sexual discrimination; he's tried to prohibit the government from mandating a minimum wage; he's tried to repeal the Davis-Bacon Act, which guarantees that workers on federal projects be paid a prevailing wage, and the Copeland Act, which bars kick-backs on federal projects; he has proposed freezing Social Security benefit levels and making the program fully optional, which would effectively destroy it; he has opposed measures that promote more voter participation; he would repeal key parts of American anti-trust law, gutting it; he's tried to deauthorize most federal agencies' regulatory powers; he's tried to eliminate all affirmative action programs; he's proposed altering the 14th Amendment to prohibit the children of immigrants from gaining citizenship; he's proposed eliminating or gutting a variety of environmental legislation; he's tried to kill the Anti-Ballistic Missile treaty and submitted legislation that would pull the United States out of the United Nations 12 different times; he has tried to eradicate the Department of Education, offered legislation to end federal involvement in educating kids; and he has proposed, at various times, the abolition of most taxes on wealth as well as income and the establishment of a flat tax. All of this is legislation that he not only supported, but proposed or co-sponsored.

All of which, of course, the states can easily take up and will regulate fairly and equally with all the free time they have, using the immense surpluses in the state budgets....

Whoops.  Hey, lookie!  Your federal taxes decreased by 20%, and your state taxes just went up by 35%!

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He's virulently anti-abortion, but he is also anti-Federal-abortion-laws. As of last time I read anything about it, anyway. My bet is that he would turn out to be a big, fat, lying hypocrite if he made it to office, though, and would promptly start pushing for a federal anti-abortion law.

Personally, I don't think men should be ALLOWED to have an opinion on abortion.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

lol wut?

Of course they should be allowed to have an opinion.

What they shouldn't be allowed is dominion over what a woman does with her body. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 11, 2008, 07:23:20 PM
lol wut?

Of course they should be allowed to have an opinion.

What they shouldn't be allowed is dominion over what a woman does with her body. 

Precisely.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cain

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cain

HAH!  'TRUTH' IS PURELY A MODERNISTIC, CHRISTIAN HANG-UP INTENDED TO TRY AND USE THE SUPPOSEDLY "FACTUALNESS" OF A PROPOSITION TO END ALL FURTHER DEBATE!  AND THUS A TOOL OF OPPRESSION!

AFK

"I'M IN YOUR INTERNETS OPPRESSIN UR OPINIONZ!"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on January 11, 2008, 07:19:34 PM
Personally, I don't think men should be ALLOWED to have an opinion on abortion.

For we are naught but sperm-sacks, which of course have nothing to do with procreation.

Our opinion is worth less than the 23* chromosomes we contribute to life.

*ZOMGPINEALBBQ.

Cain

I seriously considered making a post about how chromosomes are a tool of genetic oppression, but I decided against it.  I can save this routine for later, instead of killing it now with overexposure.

LMNO