News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Von Melee

Messier Undertree

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Nigel on October 02, 2008, 09:02:20 AM
What will it be in 2012?
Denominated in something other than the current dollar, is my guess...

Cain

The Yuan.

Call it about 100 trillion Yuan.

Idem

Von Melee

no.
we'll be in debt in euros
trillions and trillions of euros

Cain

Eurozone is circling the hole too.

At least, the UK is, and will probably take the rest of western Europe with it.

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2008, 01:48:17 PM
The Yuan.
Call it about 100 trillion Yuan.
Quote from: Von Melee on October 02, 2008, 02:27:14 PM
no.
we'll be in debt in euros
trillions and trillions of euros
No! All fiat is going down in flames. This is the global crack up boom.
Thus spake Iptuous!

Jasper

:lulz: Vex.

Biden v. Palin is going to be a massacre.  They will have to hose down the podiums.

LMNO

I dunno... I get this sinking feeling that Biden is going to call Palin "missy" or "dear", and then say something of equal stupidity to "FDR went on TV during the great depression."

All Palin has to do is get one "you're a sexist douchebag" zinger off, and then go into a defensive crouch, and she'll come out looking like the winner.

It's a battle of lowered expectations, essentially.  The one who makes the fewest gaffes wins.

AFK

I already have your two spin lines from the Republicans:

A) If there is a perceived win from Palin, it will be all "Ha!  See, she ain't no dummy!  Stupid elite liberal medias!"
B) If there is a perceived loss from Palin, it will be all "Ifill is in the tank for Obama!!! Stupid elite liberal medias!"
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Seeing as how the prez debates were so lukewarm, and I'm considering that Obama has failed his objectives there...I don't have much to look forward to tonight.  I am just feeling pessimistic, I guess.

Must be all the damned redneck throwbacks in my community with all their fucking "McCain/Palin: Country First!" stickers and signs in the neighborhood.  :(

Cain

Michelle Malkin:

QuoteThe Beltway/Manhattan crowd seems to have forgotten that her appeal to the base was not that she was a slick intellectual, but that she was one of them.

ie; thick as two short planks (not, as you know, my view, but definitely the view of people who tout ignorant fools as being more representative of the average voter).

They're spinning it so the bar is so low that if she comes out on stage, dribbles down her blouse then collapses, it will still be seen as a victory.

Learn how2frame, n00bs.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on October 02, 2008, 07:46:43 PM
Michelle Malkin:

The Beltway/Manhattan crowd seems to have forgotten that her appeal to the base was not that she was a slick intellectual, but that she was one of them.

ie; thick as two short planks.

They're spinning it so the bar is so low that if she comes out on stage, dribbles down her blouse then collapses, it will still be seen as a victory.

Learn how2frame, n00bs.

Quote from: LMNO on October 02, 2008, 07:02:47 PM
I dunno... I get this sinking feeling that Biden is going to call Palin "missy" or "dear", and then say something of equal stupidity to "FDR went on TV during the great depression."

All Palin has to do is get one "you're a sexist douchebag" zinger off, and then go into a defensive crouch, and she'll come out looking like the winner.

It's a battle of lowered expectations, essentially.  The one who makes the fewest gaffes wins.

Yeah, that's where I was coming from.

"OMG!  Palin actually knows that Turkey borders Iraq!  She's brilliant!"