Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Squid on March 23, 2009, 03:01:10 PM
looks like Putin to me.
That was Putin when he was still a KGB agent, protecting Regan.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Fuck you, it's Dahmer and he ate the kid afterwards!   :argh!:
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Holy Sheeeit:

Idem

Sir Squid Diddimus

:x WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Elder Iptuous

Telarus

Apparently this cartoon:

Is stirring up the hard core Israeli nationalists as much as THAT OTHER CARTOON stirred up the hardcore nationalist Muslims.

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/03/26/1004008/jewish-groups-call-oliphant-cartoon-anti-semitic

The comments on that article are full of lulz.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

whatc

Quote from: Telarus on March 30, 2009, 05:45:32 AM
Apparently this cartoon:

Is stirring up the hard core Israeli nationalists as much as THAT OTHER CARTOON stirred up the hardcore nationalist Muslims.

http://jta.org/news/article/2009/03/26/1004008/jewish-groups-call-oliphant-cartoon-anti-semitic

The comments on that article are full of lulz.

related..
" The U.N.'s top human-rights body approved a proposal by Muslims nations Thursday urging passage of laws around the world to protect religion from criticism..."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iRHXSIoJJdXQpG3kPrRO2LWMnWTAD975TOK00

Cramulus

Quote from: whatc on March 30, 2009, 09:48:39 AM
related..
" The U.N.'s top human-rights body approved a proposal by Muslims nations Thursday urging passage of laws around the world to protect religion from criticism..."
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iRHXSIoJJdXQpG3kPrRO2LWMnWTAD975TOK00

:lulz: wow, that would be intense.

one part of me hopes that doesn't pass. Because--

Quote"It is individuals who have rights and not religions," Canadian diplomat Terry Cormier said.

--here in the US, ALL SORTS of problems were created by giving corporations legal personhood. Religious egregrores would be so much more powerful / dangerous if they were afforded rights.

But another part of me hopes this passes, for the lulz

because as soon as it's illegal to make fun of religion,
it's time to show people how ridiculous Discordia can actually be.

the kicker would be it being illegal to make fun of us

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on March 30, 2009, 02:56:25 PM
related..

Quote"It is individuals who have rights and not religions," Canadian diplomat Terry Cormier said.

--here in the US, ALL SORTS of problems were created by giving corporations legal personhood. Religious egregrores would be so much more powerful / dangerous if they were afforded rights.

:mittens:
Discordianism, immune from criticism... :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: Be still, my pance!

Cramulus

at my high school they had a brief though heated debate about whether it'd be okay to hang the ten commandments on the wall. To many people's surprise, I argued pretty loudly for the ten commandments. My friends knew I had already photocopied the pentabarf and the commandments of the Satanic Bible to hang up right next to the big ten. I mean, it's all fair game once the floodgates are open, right?

One year, when the religious right gets its way, they're going to HAVE to let me set up a nativity scene on the town green.

They'll expect a christ-child in a manger... but they'll get stoners meeting a penguin. hail yes.

Cain

Quote from: Cramulus on March 30, 2009, 02:56:25 PM
related..

Article VI resolutions emanating from the United Nations General Assembly carry no coercive power to be passed.  Its the political equivalent of staging a protest - though given some of the screaming I've heard about this you'd think the UN was like some sort of mecha-Hitler, instead of a talking shop for the world's minor powers.

Mangrove

So some Muslims are asking the UN for a 'pention' to ban religious criticism?
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.