News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Da6s

Link to this was titled "Uncle Sam in a cartoon portrayed as a good guy?!?! WHAT?!?!?"
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cain

As much as I hate to speak on the behalf of Jihadis, in Sudan and Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda bankrolled the governments there and provided basic services, and in Lebanon and Palestine, Hezbollah and Hamas respectively do massive amounts of aid and charity work in addition to their paramilitary activities. 

I know, I know, ruins the cartoon....

Da6s

Quote from: Cain on January 21, 2010, 08:32:09 PM
As much as I hate to speak on the behalf of Jihadis, in Sudan and Afghanistan, Al-Qaeda bankrolled the governments there and provided basic services, and in Lebanon and Palestine, Hezbollah and Hamas respectively do massive amounts of aid and charity work in addition to their paramilitary activities. 

I know, I know, ruins the cartoon....

Not entirely. Just makes it a pot calling the kettle black argument.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jenne

Strangely, a recent poll in Afghanistan says 70% of those asked think that India has had the most beneficial influence on Afghanistan overall/lately.

Curiouser and curiouser.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

India brings better food than any of the other occupying powers.

Anyway

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2010, 02:44:56 AM
India brings better food than any of the other occupying powers.

Anyway

http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/9281/usprimaries2008kz4.png

As much as I respect your political opinion, and as neat as this is, where exactly does this come from?

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 24, 2010, 09:56:39 AM
http://www.politicalcompass.org/

Last time I posted that Cain chewed me out for it.

I've taken the test myself, but I'm wondering who placed all of the politicians.

Requia ☣

That would also be the people at that site.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.