News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

OFFICIAL POLITICAL CARTOONS/PIC FREAD.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 02, 2007, 07:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on March 13, 2010, 05:48:30 AM
I would make the argument that Obama is not necessarily influential because of anything he has DONE, but more on the basis of who he is and how he managed to capture public imagination in a really big way.

THIS.  We shocked the world, apparently, outside the US by hiring him on.  Not that it did anything in the long run for our own home base, however.

Cramulus

I wanted to dig up how big the minority effect might be -- some good stats in this document:

http://www.nd.edu/~cwolbrec/PartyID.pdf

while registered blacks are overwhelmingly democratic, (7% republican, 81% democrat) they only make up 16% of the national sample.

females (37% republican, 53% democrat) probably have a stronger effect.

these numbers are from 04, though, so might be a bit out of date.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 15, 2010, 07:36:29 PM

War is what stood out to me, actually.

Really?

It's a good thing Iraq is over.  Right?
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 15, 2010, 07:51:38 PM

Really?

The war statistic is what stood out:  Dems (34% support) vs. Republicans (91% support).  I know many Dems voted Obama in to get OUT of BOTH Iraq and Afdamnistan.

HAR HAR HAR

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on March 15, 2010, 08:13:50 PM

Really?

The war statistic is what stood out:  Dems (34% support) vs. Republicans (91% support).  I know many Dems voted Obama in to get OUT of BOTH Iraq and Afdamnistan.

HAR HAR HAR

Joke's on them, right?  Ho ho!
Molon Lube

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on March 15, 2010, 08:16:49 PM
Quote from: Jenne on March 15, 2010, 08:13:50 PM

Really?

HAR HAR HAR

Joke's on them, right?  Ho ho!

Ohoyes.

Sir Squid Diddimus

:sad: you guys are makin me sad  :sad:

boohoo and all that rot

E.O.T.

"a good fight justifies any cause"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

E.O.T.

"a good fight justifies any cause"

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Da6s

We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Cain

Try using http://imgur.com/ in the future, they seem a lot more tolerant about content.