My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

YUO: HOT SHIT OR NOT! (advice to noobs)

Started by saint aini, April 08, 2007, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navkat

Quote from: hunter s.durden on June 11, 2007, 05:09:39 PM
Quote from: navkat on June 11, 2007, 05:48:44 AM
"Psychological tests" are bullshit. So they manage to categorize your Neurological wiring...okay so what? Unless they use that information for good (ie: how to become more *inclusive* to the way a person already *is* instead of trying to force the newly "diagnosed" individual to conform) it's damned-near useless because people can't change their nature and the current system is designed only to make them feel ashamed of what that nature happens to be.

Am I making sense, here?

I totally get it.
You're really smart, ya know?
Are you a doctor or something?
I love doctors... tee hee.

Eat that Hustle...

Are you fucking with me?

East Coast Hustle

No, he was fucking with me.

Now he's probably busy reading PMs.

:lulz:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hunter s.durden

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on June 11, 2007, 06:32:27 PM
No, he was fucking with me.

Now he's probably busy reading PMs.

:lulz:

GODDAMN YOU!

It took like 10 minutes to realize what that ment.

I thought, "oh fuck" when I saw that "knife to a gunfight" line.
But nothing happened....
Now I'm getting it...
This space for rent.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Nomad

Damnet, what's wrong with all of you???

I got better advice from my guidance counselor when he told me:

"Son, the appropriate to where briefs is along your waist, not on your head."

"But Sir, this is a brief CASE not briefs!"

"Don't impugn me boy!!! That there's a NUTCASE!!!"

And then he taught me how to masturbate my problems away

AND ANOTHER THING

for all you seriously not serious Discords out there... don't forget that the newcomers are without a doubt better than you.  The more you think you know, the less you really know about discordia... and the same goes for firebreathing, I'm sure

btw- I pwned ur mom
booyashaka

Idem

faust

wow, my tiny world is blown by his uncouth oration. truly he is a hardcore discordian. we must worship him as out prince.

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

I'm sorry, I have to give up the pretence, I'm not Discordian enough to measure up to the high standards we is all having now.

Syn = DISCOFAIL.

:aww: :emo: :jebus:
Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center

LMNO

No time like the present...

Quote from: Nomad on July 17, 2007, 01:22:55 AM
Damnet, what's wrong with all of you???

I got better advice from my guidance counselor when he told me:

"Son, the appropriate to where briefs is along your waist, not on your head."

"But Sir, this is a brief CASE not briefs!"

"Don't impugn me boy!!! That there's a NUTCASE!!!"

And then he taught me how to masturbate my problems away

AND ANOTHER THING

for all you seriously not serious Discords out there... don't forget that the newcomers are without a doubt better than you.  The more you think you know, the less you really know about discordia... and the same goes for firebreathing, I'm sure

btw- I pwned ur mom

Occultus Forma Discordia
A Treatise on the Secrets of the Models of Discordianism

Forward

This is not The Truth of Discordianism. If you are looking for The Truth of Discordianism, you are a very silly person. This is not The Secret of Discordianism; if such a thing exists, you need to find it yourself. This is not even necessarily a True version of the Discordian vision as held by Omar, Mal-2, RAW or any other master of mayhem from the Early Days of Her Return. This is a treatise on an interpretation secrets of a model of Discordianism; particularly the model of Discordianism currently being used by this loose cabal of Chaoates which you have voluntarily stumbled into.

If you don,Äôt like what is written in these pages, then stop reading them. If you don,Äôt agree with our interpretations of models, then don,Äôt use them. If you simply want to run around spewing memes, then by all means don,Äôt let us stop you, just do it somewhere else. However, if you want to join our game, if you want to play with our toys, then assume, at least for the moment, that our game of Order hides a bigger game of Disorder. You can play or not, it,Äôs your choice. Do as Thou Will.

This document is designed to introduce you to our interpretation of a model. The model uses markers that you might be familiar with. However, don,Äôt confuse the marker with what the marker represents. A Fnord by any other name could still be a fnord (and a bit harder to trace back to Known Naughty NincomPOEEs). If you don,Äôt agree with the goals of the game (and the rules we,Äôre making up), then you probably won,Äôt want to play. So, before we waste any more of your time, let,Äôs talk about our goals.

We are a tribe of philosophers, hackers, theologians, magicians, scientists, artists, clowns, and similar maniacs who are intrigued with the possibility of modifying the thought processes of individuals,Ķ with our without their knowledge. If you firmly believe that the PD is a ,Äúhappy, hippy, everyone loves and accepts each other,Äù kind of book, well, you should probably stop reading right now. From our perspective, Eris rode on the back of Ares chariot, laughing and delighting in the chaos of war. If you don,Äôt want to explore that aspect of Chaos (as well as all the others), then take the blue pill and scamper off to some other Discordian forum. This doesn,Äôt mean you,Äôre wrong or right, it only means that you,Äôre not interested in our game. Do as Thou Will.

If you are of the opinion that Robert Anton Wilson, Mal-2 or Omar KNEW the truth,Ķ then you should probably go play elsewhere. Most of us have immense respect for those Chaoates that came before us, but we do not consider their word Truth or their ideas sacrosanct. Those great tricksters would be the first to tell you that neither they, nor their writings were to be considered as Sacred Cows. In Discordia there exists one Sacred Chao and she doesn,Äôt like competition.

This treatise is an introduction to our game, our ideas, our metaphors and our concepts. It is not written in E-Prime, though everything we write should be considered as perception and possibility,Ķ never as truth or fact. If you can,Äôt grasp this, then you,Äôre probably not up for the sort of games we play. If you don,Äôt like what you,Äôve read so far, then stop reading. This isn,Äôt Truth, it isn,Äôt FACT. We don,Äôt want your ,ÄúYou don,Äôt sound very Discordian,Äù responses. The art of Discordia exists in both Order and Disorder; Order and Disorder aren,Äôt enemies, only opposites.

If however, you are interested then we shall lay upon you some secrets of the models of Discordianism. We,Äôll take you beyond the memes, metaphors and Malaclypse, we,Äôll hone you to a fine point with which to prick the bum of the complacent, the self-satisfied, the Greyfaced, the Hunchbrain, the Pink, the Norm or whatever other name you want to call THEM.

It,Äôs up to you, Do as Thou Will.

Ratatosk, Squirrel of Discord
Chatterer of the Words of Eris
Muncher of the ChaoAcorn
POEE of the Great Googlie Mooglie Cabal

hunter s.durden

So thoretically, Nomad, I must know more than you, since I didn't claim to know how to be a really real Discordian. Right?
This space for rent.

Triple Zero

if we're gonna put that text somewhere in a 9-page thread, even if it's stickied, no n00b is going to find it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

My point is, of course, to drop it like a cluster bomb as a noob response.  That way, it's specifically targeted to the noob.  The message goes to the n00b, rather than the n00b going to the message.

hunter s.durden

Every time a n00b joins, post in every thread that has had a post in the last 6 months.

We've gotta be thorough.
This space for rent.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.