News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

YUO: HOT SHIT OR NOT! (advice to noobs)

Started by saint aini, April 08, 2007, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

Cramulus

Quote from: Apikoros II on December 21, 2007, 11:22:27 PM
I just read through that whole 10 page thread and I am still not sure... well, I am just going to be me, or me pretending to be Apikoros II etc, and if you like what I say cool and if not, well, thats cool too. Also, I don't eat fire but I dig hot wings... Is that similar enough to fit in? Also, when did I start caring about fitting in? And when did I start typing my internal monologues? Also, I kinda wanna slip a 23 (and Pron, I heard that's bad. I think it is like Tron but less dated) in here 'cause that seems to turn everyones hats and I tend to be an Iconoclast even in what I expect (hope) is a bunch of other Iconoclasts....

The thing to me about the Internet and life and shit is that there isn't anything new... There is nothing new under the sun, I think that was Ecclesiastes or that Pink Floyd cover band I saw once downtown.

Hey man - you'll fit in just fine as long as you CONFORM OR BE DESTROYED.

saint aini

When you deal with kiddies in your neighborhood, you are likely the hot shit, the elite, the creme-de-la-creme.  Here, with the talent around you, you are nothing special. K?
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's all a bluff, man. Durden and Roger really just want to give you a big hug, but they're forbidden by union rules.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Panpangoat

Jenne

bones

Quote from: Nigel on November 29, 2007, 04:08:49 PM
Quote from: triple zero on May 31, 2007, 07:53:44 PM
Quote from: LMNO on May 31, 2007, 02:33:02 PM
Yeah, that's so ironic.

OH THE EXTREME IRONY

This whole thread was worth reading just for that link.

Also I am glad I didn't read it when I first signed up, I would have been way more self-conscious and weird about posting if I had.

mm this topic seems a little harsh to me. maybe wish i didnt read it.

aint saini, yuo seem to be saying that we're all losers until proven worthy, and your immediate example is that you can do a very old stunt somewhat less spectacularly than the masters?
If the main thing is to ENJOY the cabaret then who do i need to prove anything to? I just want a laugh, and I can work out by myself that if i say stupid shit i'll be burned to cinders. isn't that enough?

will simply not being an arrogant cunt and perhaps only having something to say once in a while make you think i'm just another wannabe? will i be shunned or flamed until i post something that makes you think in a new way? no. i'm sure that happens rarely anyway because you're DISCORDIANS and im sure your minds are as open as anyones, similar to an anus that's been fucked four ways from boomtime with the big black cock of cramulus +5.
i respect all of you simply because you have found and believe in the one true religions, and i hope i can learn much more from you all without you thinking im a dickhead just cuz this n00b found the pd forums however many years after you found them.

please reassure me that this topic wasnt just started to say "hey potential n00bs, dont bother coming here unless you're the coolest person in your city, cuz we're all freaking awesome here, and we dont take kindly to the sub-par"

i promise to be reasonable if i offend anyone, but i do love this place already and so also promise to stick around longer than some of these previous jerks did, even if you don't think im cool enough. Ignore the 50 post rule (cuz i might be a while to get there), tell me what you think, but if i think you're unfair i'll tell you what i think too. i hope to earn all of your respective respects, but i dont expect to have to show you that i am the most unique thinker or biggest genius around.
i isn't.  i'm cool on my block but my block is full of lamers, unlike this place. (ok i DID get a good tip from this post, sorry)

and just for good measure:  FNORD!! THIS IS MY 23rd POST!!! (stick it)

:lulz:
filmmusic

Raphaella

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

bones

filmmusic

hooplala

Don't worry... most people don't think the way Aini thinks.  Which is good, because she's a racist fucktard twat.

Carry on with whatever it was you were already doing.  Nothing to see here, move along...
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Dido

And Cain provided that other link too...could I switch universe now?