News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

YUO: HOT SHIT OR NOT! (advice to noobs)

Started by saint aini, April 08, 2007, 03:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: bones on May 28, 2008, 08:48:41 AM

please reassure me that this topic wasnt just started to say "hey potential n00bs, dont bother coming here unless you're the coolest person in your city, cuz we're all freaking awesome here, and we dont take kindly to the sub-par"

It wasn't.

However, now that you mention it...

:fuckoff:

saint aini

bones,

You know the kind of people that are holier than thou, more Discordian than thou, and more thou than thou?  You know the kind of people who go overboard with Discordianism and feel they have to prove (to us nonetheless) how Discordian they are?  They're the ones I want to tell shut the fuck up and be themselves.

what passes for extraordinary in meatspace passes for common in discospace.

The original post was in the context of the AKK aftermath, our longest running, greatest noob of all time.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Triple Zero

Quote from: saint aini on May 31, 2008, 03:08:43 PM
You know the kind of people that are holier than thou

nope, nobody is holier than me.

Quotemore Discordian than thou

can't be. i'm my own definition of discordian.

Quoteand more thou than thou?

by about a thou sand times perhaps?

QuoteYou know the kind of people who go overboard with Discordianism

nah they go overboard with something else.

Quotefeel they have to prove (to us nonetheless) how Discordian they are?

oh THOSE people!

they don't really feel that. if they felt it, they wouldnt be doing it. so we make them feel it. through the internets, isn't that amazink!

QuoteThey're the ones I want to tell shut the fuck up and be themselves.

simultaneously?

Quotewhat passes for extraordinary in meatspace passes for common in discospace.

vocoders are a good example of this.

QuoteThe original post was in the context of the AKK aftermath, our longest running, greatest noob of all time.

some people have been eyeing that position though ... :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Pope_Hilde

Hi! I'm Pope Hilde and I'm a brand new newby here. :)

I want some help but don't know if its ok for me to start a new topic yet. Is it?

My baby girl is due to be born soon, maybe on my birthday! I want to give her a Discordian name but not too Discordian! So not Discordia or Discord, Eris, Kallisti.

Can I start a topic?
There's nothing like a good cup of hot coughy.

Cramulus

hahahahah

this is what happens when we welcome n00bs with a firebrand. They get all scared. It's cute.

HELL YES you can start a thread.

and welcome to PD, Pope Hilde. I've definitely heard your name in Discordian circles before - where on the wired do you hang out? Over at s23, right?

Pope_Hilde

How nice of you to recognize me!

I haven't done much at s23 for a while. Morning sickness and it's tiring carrying around a 500 lb. baby. It feels like that some times!

I'll start a new topic. Thankya!

Pope_Hilde

I started I want a Discordian baby name for my little girl in Apple Talk.

Thankya! :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pope_Hilde

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Cainad on June 12, 2008, 01:13:18 AM
http://www.pd.com is a bucket of lame.
However, typing in just "pd.com" redirects to http://www.corpwest.com/web/index.html :?

We should start a "Where are they now?" site for Rob Borsari (www.pd.com) since he seems to be having trouble keeping his actual site up to date.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: vexati0n on November 29, 2008, 06:19:24 AM
Quote from: Cainad on June 12, 2008, 01:13:18 AM
http://www.pd.com is a bucket of lame.
However, typing in just "pd.com" redirects to http://www.corpwest.com/web/index.html :?

We should start a "Where are they now?" site for Rob Borsari (www.pd.com) since he seems to be having trouble keeping his actual site up to date.

Best web-stalking concept I've ever heard of.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

saint aini

Where is saint aini now?

How about right at your forum making a return?
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Phineas T. Poxwattle

hahaha I was just wondering where you'd gotten off to. How's it going, aini?