News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Discordian Music

Started by Cain, April 09, 2007, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discord

Fuck i dont even know more than half of these guys in there i guess im not discordian enough.

COWASS WHERE ARE YOUUUUUUU?!

matragon

PiKANTiK
absolutely discordian band, full name is :
PiKANTiK OMNiMUSiC ERiSiAN ENERGY (POEE)
link to music are in Bring And Brag section, but i recomend You to wait a while for PiKANTiK new song : "The Sacred Chao"
This one will be published somewhere here in friday ...
matragon - The Polyfather of Polish Cabal of Chaos
leader of PiKANTiK (Pikantik Omnimusic Erisian Energy)

,,The mind is like a parachute - it works better when it's open" (Allan K. Neal)

Cain

Quote from: cyanidebreathmint on June 15, 2007, 04:13:35 AM
i'm throwing this here.

http://bulldada.podomatic.com/

Bookmarked!

Incidentally, if anyone wants to supply me with mp3s for use on my podcast (or give me permission to play them), please feel free.  All I really have so far by you guys is stuff by The Empties, 20 Years Scars and Ear Fatigue, but I'm going to download some more stuff today.

AFK

you're welcome to any of my stuff that you find relevant or playable.  I know my stuff tends to be a bit long, and um, acquired taste, but you're welcome to it nonetheless. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Cheers.  I'm just saving your stuff to hard drive now, actually.  I'm sure I'll find some use for it... 8)

LMNO

I've got a few tracks from The Deciders I'm finishing up.  If you have a multiply account, I'll put them up there, or I'll just MiHD it.

Cain

Just signed up to Multiply today, in fact.  You'll find my account easily enough.

Incidentally, when I went on my downloading spree, I picked up Suggestion 1.0 from the Back in My Day playlist.  Would you have any objections to me using this as my background music?  I think it would fit well, certainly better than what I have considered so far.  And of course, I'll plug your Multiply.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on October 17, 2007, 04:24:07 PM
Just signed up to Multiply today, in fact.  You'll find my account easily enough.

Incidentally, when I went on my downloading spree, I picked up Suggestion 1.0 from the Back in My Day playlist.  Would you have any objections to me using this as my background music?  I think it would fit well, certainly better than what I have considered so far.  And of course, I'll plug your Multiply.

Go for it.  I'm gonna be tweaking that a little, but only in minor ways (eq, levels), but the current version should be fine for your purposes.

dr retard

Quote from: Cain on October 17, 2007, 01:58:56 PM
Bookmarked!

Incidentally, if anyone wants to supply me with mp3s for use on my podcast (or give me permission to play them), please feel free.  All I really have so far by you guys is stuff by The Empties, 20 Years Scars and Ear Fatigue, but I'm going to download some more stuff today.

Here´s some disco shit from hell by The Toilet
http://squalorbase.com/bulldozer/bbc_skiva/toilettest/

oh. i just saw this an old post. but i have the sponge bubble hat so it is all good.

LaughingOtter

OK, that's a good selection from the world of modern music.

How about some of Frank Zappa's early stuff? "Who Are The Brain Police?", "It Can't Happen Here", and "The Return of the Son of Monster Magnet" are all totally Discordian tunes...for that matter, John Cage's "4'33"' is more than a bit Discordian for not really being anything at all...syadasti, syannasti...

Beer and Pinball, Dammit!

whatc

Cramulus

These guys posted on here way back in the day, I think
and were flamed off I think  :lol:

Anyway, I always liked their music.

www.myspace.com/discordiansociety 

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Well, The list referred to in the O.P. could have included a hell ton more artists and did include more than a few which made me think - REALLY? - But honestly, I don't want to hear the official guidelines on what music IS/ ISN'T "Discordian", I think there's a vast chasm of opinion which just IS WHAT IT IS. However, I thought it odd that the music hooligans NEGATIVLAND were not included, they're basically the Church of the Subgenius house band, after all.
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Cramulus

Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 07, 2009, 03:55:13 AM
     Well, The list referred to in the O.P. could have included a hell ton more artists and did include more than a few which made me think - REALLY? - But honestly, I don't want to hear the official guidelines on what music IS/ ISN'T "Discordian", I think there's a vast chasm of opinion which just IS WHAT IT IS. However, I thought it odd that the music hooligans NEGATIVLAND were not included, they're basically the Church of the Subgenius house band, after all.

I don't get the impression that any lists about Discordia are "official"

whatc

I somehow only managed to get exposed to this band this week.
Laibach. I've been sort of obsessing for the last couple of days. This might be bit old for you.. What do you think of them? Doesn't exactly scream discordian to the surface, but they've definitely caused a lot of confusion..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YE_j0xIsJA&feature=related