News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

Discordian Music

Started by Cain, April 09, 2007, 10:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheered Völva

Quote from: LaughingOtter on March 05, 2009, 10:40:40 PM
...for that matter, John Cage's "4'33"' is more than a bit Discordian for not really being anything at all...syadasti, syannasti...
This is freaking weird. I was just thinking about John Cage's performance/"musical" piece four minutes and 33 seconds ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4'33" ) today. Then I saw this post. I haven't heard anyone refer to Cage for a while, so it seemed a little weird. I thought about posting that here, but didn't get around to it.

But right now I was listening to The Acousmatic Theater Hour with Jason G and Karinne at radio WFMU.org and they talked about John Cage.

Synchronicity.

OPTIMUS PINECONE

Quote from: Cramulus on March 08, 2009, 02:53:31 PM
Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on March 07, 2009, 03:55:13 AM
     Well, The list referred to in the O.P. could have included a hell ton more artists and did include more than a few which made me think - REALLY? - But honestly, I don't want to hear the official guidelines on what music IS/ ISN'T "Discordian", I think there's a vast chasm of opinion which just IS WHAT IT IS. However, I thought it odd that the music hooligans NEGATIVLAND were not included, they're basically the Church of the Subgenius house band, after all.

I don't get the impression that any lists about Discordia are "official"

Ok girl, touchy, touchy. By official I only meant I'm not interested in GUIDELINES as to "WHAT IS" or "WHAT IS NOT". I think what I stated is pretty clear. Furthermore, I exemplify my own opinion by not whining about any specific bands (TOOL?!), I simply stated that I didn't necessarily see it. My intention here is, "hey, I'm open to whatever, let's hear it"... My comment is in regards to NEGATIVLAND. Or the absence there of. I like the idea of this thread, being very into music, myself. Oh, and yes, I referred to an 'official' whatever, because the list of "discordian" music offers a definition, CRAM. Also, what, in your words, is "official"?
"Sincere thought, real free thought, ready, in the name of superhuman authority or of humble common sense, to question the basis of what is officially taught and generally accepted, is less and less likely to thrive. It is, we repeat, by far easier to enslave a literate people than an illiterate one, strange as this may seem at first sight. And the enslavement is more likely to be lasting."   -Savitri Devi

"Great men of action... never mind on occasion being ridiculous; in a sense it is part of their job, and at times they all are"   -Oswald Mosley

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Triple Zero

WOW

:horrormirth::1fap:

that's uhhh amazing

fuck, horrormirth near perfection
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

This video has been removed due to terms of use violation

So, uh, yeah, that was like, horrifying and stuff. man.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on July 02, 2009, 01:07:44 PM
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation

So, uh, yeah, that was like, horrifying and stuff. man.
I never realized that YouTube had a policy against hate speech.  Here's a working link:

http://www.heavy.com/video/70925
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Thurnez Isa

as far as I know Iason they don't
but if theres a flagging campaign against a video they will take it down
If enough people complain they will reinstate it

In other words
they don't know what the fuck they are doing half the time
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante