News:

TESTAMONIAL:  "I was still a bit rattled by the spectacular devastation."

Main Menu

ITT: Best Posts of the Day

Started by Cramulus, April 13, 2007, 11:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Nah, pretty sure you've been posted in here at least once before.

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 16, 2010, 02:11:30 AM
Quote from: CAPTAIN SLACK on April 16, 2010, 02:09:46 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 15, 2010, 05:32:06 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on April 15, 2010, 05:30:37 PM

what about the converse? What are the advantages/disadvantages of being on an all-destructive trip?

Eventually they hunt you down and shoot you like a dog.

Also, you won't get invited to many parties.

What are the advantages, though?

Yes.

Triple Zero

Quote from: EoC on April 16, 2010, 03:09:41 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on April 16, 2010, 10:59:26 AM
Duvel is a fairly common special beer here. It's strong, and pretty good. Let me know how you like it :) It's supposed to be served in a special kind of glass for reasons of foam and nose aroma and all that, so if you got a glass that looks somewhat like it, use that:

http://images.google.com/images?num=100&q=duvel%20glas&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

The pics show it's filled half foam and half beer. It's pretty hard to make it not come out like that, since it foams like a motherfucker. I, however like a bit less foam on my beer. Two fingers, but no less than that. You can achieve that by rinsing the glass thoroughly using a tiny drop of dishwash detergent (of course wash it out with lots of water), which you probably want to do with any glass you intend to serve beer in. Then you pour the beer carefully along the side of the glass while holding it diagonally. The clean and un-greased glass decreases friction, and the pouring style reduces splash. That way you get less foam. Pay attention to how much foam you get, if it's very little, pour the last bit of the bottle straight in, to get some splash and your 2 fingers of foam.
In fact there's a good chance that if you do not follow this procedure you get more foam than will fit in the glass. So pour it carefully either way.

Unfortunately, I got this the morning after I poured my first Duvel.  I didn't sleep very well last night because I was cleaning up foam.  As soon as the beer hit the glass, it started reacting insanely, growing swiftly and violently.  I thought at first that the foam would subside so I continued pouring, but it grew and it grew.  Soon it had overwhelmed the glass I'd prepared for it and not long after that covered the entire counter.  Whatever came in contact with the foam then foamed itself, doubling, tripling its size.  I was awash in a sea of beer head.  It was a joyous occasion, I must say, for dream fulfillment purposes, but was a mess to clean up.  As I floated above this tidal wave of foam out my apartment and down the street I managed to find a tiny drop of crisp, clear Duvel, which I drank with relish.  I spent the last 8 hours cleaning it and explaining the event to my landlord and the firefighters who came to assist me.

Duvel - It's another one that's like $17/4pack here, and quite a bit lighter in body than I would have liked.  It would probably fit a hot summer day very well.  I'll have to come back to this one.

Thanks for the heads up Trip.   :wink:

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Professor Freeky on April 14, 2010, 03:30:49 AM
Quote from: Remington on April 14, 2010, 03:22:13 AM
Our Pixie, who art in Scotland
Hallowed by thy Name
Thy stormclouds come
Thy WRATH be done, in Tucson as it is in Portland.

Give us this day our daily rain
And forgive us our spaggotry, as we forgive those who dost spag against us
Lead us not into temptation
We can find it ourselves
For thine is the weather system, the Thunder and the Payne, for ever and ever I guess.

I am teaching my kids that prayer, and making them say it every night. Or maybe every morning, when I am paying more attention.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I would not be surprised if you think I am kidding.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Quote from: EoC on April 16, 2010, 11:19:58 PM
I was in Amherst at some shitty little ice cream/hot dog/fried food stand.  I went back to my car to get a bottle of water.  A pickup truck had parked pretty close to the door, but only the cab part was really visible with this grizzled farmer looking dude sitting there.  So I stepped between the two vehicles and then
MRARAMMRGRAAAAAAHHRA

a fucking screech from no worldly creature erupted behind me.  The fury driving it, the pure hatred for me for being in its presence, was visceral.  I turned, expecting some horrible thing and thinking of how I might escape.  In the back of the guy's truck was a sheep in a little metal cage, a dull and bored look on its face.

I've never wanted a tazer so badly in my life.

Telarus

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 18, 2010, 11:15:21 PM
I will get down on my hands and knees and worship, without reservation, the god of any religion that fields Battle Nuns. I couldn't give a flying fuck about the dogma or philosophy. Battle Nuns is enough to assure me my soul will be in safe hands.

:potd:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on April 19, 2010, 04:45:45 PM
http://www.reddit.com/comments/br69q/americans_always_do_things_wrong_joke/

An American soldier, serving in World War II, had just returned from several weeks of intense action on the German front lines. He had finally been granted R&R and was on a train bound for London. The train was very crowded, so the soldier walked the length of the train, looking for an empty seat. The only unoccupied seat was directly adjacent to a well dressed middle aged lady and was being used by her little dog.

The war weary soldier asked, "Please, ma'am, may I sit in that seat?" The English woman looked down her nose at the soldier, sniffed and said, "You Americans. You are such a rude class of people. Can't you see my Little Fifi is using that seat?"

The soldier walked away, determined to find a place to rest, but after another trip down to the end of the train, found himself again facing the woman with the dog. Again he asked, "Please, lady. May I sit there? I'm very tired."

The English woman wrinkled her nose and snorted, "You Americans! Not only are you rude, you are also arrogant. Imagine!"

The soldier didn't say anything else; he leaned over, picked up the little dog, tossed it out the window of the train and sat down in the empty seat. The woman shrieked and railed, and demanded that someone defend her and chastise the soldier.

An English gentleman sitting across the aisle spoke up, "You know, sir, you Americans do seem to have a penchant for doing the wrong thing. You eat holding the fork in the wrong hand. You drive your autos on the wrong side of the road. And now, sir, you've thrown the wrong bitch out the window."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on April 25, 2010, 07:13:04 PM
I haven't read the last 14 pages of this thread, nor am I likely to, but I want to point out that nobody better fucking report any fucking PMs to me unless they contain death threats, or I will track them down and smear my own feces under the handles of their car doors.

Triple Zero

Um Fred how are people going to report PMs to you anyway?

Or are you a SEKRIT MOD???

and and and people that report shit to me will be might be expecting to get fucked with in interesting ways or angles!
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

Uh wait I didnt see you requoted it as POTD thread, I thought it was a "me too" quote :)

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Quote from: Suu on April 27, 2010, 01:27:31 PM
FUCK THE SHARK, THAT'S GOING TO BE MY DIVORCE CAKE.

No context needed.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat