News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Second Manifesto of the PFLD

Started by Cain, April 14, 2007, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Dr. Cow Ass on April 17, 2007, 06:19:41 PM

However,

That was a stupid remark and appoligize if I offended anyone. I admit I grew up in a midwest suburb with three or four blacks in the entire town and I often say insensitve shit like that becuase usually no one cared. I guess I'm prejudice towards people sometimes but I'm no racist. Once again, sorry.

it was a stupid remark,
living here in northern ontario I hear a ton of prejedice and racist remarks... even in my own family
but since you admitted it was a mistake (kind of) Im willing to drop it
unfortunately for you I dont think the others will be as understanding
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

hunter s.durden

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2007, 06:43:44 PM
You could hate Baptists.
So he only hates...
Black Fathers?
Black Kids?
Black Baptists?

I'd like to hear this.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on April 17, 2007, 06:45:01 PM

unfortunately for you I dont think the others will be as understanding

Oh, I understand him, all right...but that understanding makes the pproblem WORSE.

"I know better, but I'm going to make stupid fucking racial remarks anyway".

If he was sorry, he wouldn't have said it.  An "outburst" like that means he was saying what he really believes, and as such, he is a low-foreheaded trogdolyte that should probably go back to watching NASCAR qualifications.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 17, 2007, 06:46:53 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 17, 2007, 06:43:44 PM
You could hate Baptists.
So he only hates...
Black Fathers?
Black Kids?
Black Baptists?

I'd like to hear this.

Well, according to him (I posted the actual quote last page), Black men are, by definition, bad/absent parents.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hunter s.durden

So he only hates Black fathers.

If a Black man has no kids, he can't be a bad father.

Since thats not racist, it's OK.

Besides, everyone in his hometown did it.
This space for rent.

PopeTom

Quote from: LMNO on April 17, 2007, 06:35:15 PM
Wait, you mean judgeing people by the color of their skin is a bad thing?

How come no one ever tells me this shit?

You should only ever judge other people by the color of your skin.

IE. If you meet someone and you skin starts to turn blue it's best to assume that bastard is using up all you oxygen.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PopeTom on April 17, 2007, 06:52:57 PM
Quote from: LMNO on April 17, 2007, 06:35:15 PM
Wait, you mean judgeing people by the color of their skin is a bad thing?

How come no one ever tells me this shit?

You should only ever judge other people by the color of your skin.

IE. If you meet someone and you skin starts to turn blue it's best to assume that bastard is using up all you oxygen.

:lulz: <---despite himself.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 17, 2007, 06:52:04 PM
So he only hates Black fathers.

If a Black man has no kids, he can't be a bad father.

Since thats not racist, it's OK.

Besides, everyone in his hometown did it.

Everyone ELSE was at the lynching.  You won't be COOL if you aren't at the lynching...

Dr. Cow Ass

There's a difference between being prejudice and racist. I often have preconcieved notions about people, no matter their skin color, before I really know them. EVERYONE IS PREJUDICE IN SOMEWAY. If you say you aren't then your lying or your Jesus, and if you say your jesus then you're definetly lying, however I appreciate the effort.

I bring the Spicy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Cow Ass on April 17, 2007, 07:38:33 PM
There's a difference between being prejudice and racist.

Okay.  But I'm going to have to say that implying that all Black men are bad or absent fathers falls into the "racism" catagory there, Lester Maddox.

hunter s.durden

You aren't very eloquent, you know?
I've known tons of Black fathers that would pwn your English.

That aside, you need to alter your wording. Racial preference is something most people have. A recent study has shown that most people prefer their own race (if I find a link I'll put it up, it'd go with a rant I'm formulating).

Predjudiced? No. Maybe culturally (the difference between when I see a Black metal head and when I see a Black gangsta), but racially, not so much.

I really don't see how anything you say will erase that nasty shit you said before. My buddies dad slaved in a steel mill for 30 years to put his kids through college. I wonder how'd he'd feel about your comment.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 17, 2007, 07:45:39 PM
I really don't see how anything you say will erase that nasty shit you said before. My buddies dad slaved in a steel mill for 30 years to put his kids through college. I wonder how'd he'd feel about your comment.

"Good" vs "Normal" Black father comment in 3...2...1...

Cain

Quote from: hunter s.durden on April 17, 2007, 07:45:39 PM
You aren't very eloquent, you know?
I've known tons of Black fathers that would pwn your English.

That aside, you need to alter your wording. Racial preference is something most people have. A recent study has shown that most people prefer their own race (if I find a link I'll put it up, it'd go with a rant I'm formulating).

Predjudiced? No. Maybe culturally (the difference between when I see a Black metal head and when I see a Black gangsta), but racially, not so much.

I did a psychology test on that.  I have a slight preference for black people.  True story.  I have no black people in my family, hell, I grew up in one of the most ethnically homogenous parts of the country, there is no past incident to explain the result.

Just pointing it out.

hunter s.durden

Well you do listen to lots of hip-hop...

I might go on the Dateline site. They have the test there.
This space for rent.

Cain

Not back then, I didn't.  Twas most strange....