News:

Already planning a hunger strike against the inhumane draconian right winger/neoliberal gun bans. Gun control is also one of the worst forms of torture. Without guns/weapons its like merely existing and not living.

Main Menu

Of Tolerance and Subtelty

Started by Cramulus, April 04, 2007, 04:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I'm printing the b&w version as I type.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on April 11, 2007, 04:33:21 PMHow about "23 Things to Amuse You While You Wait" for the DMV.  

this is useful for just about any place people are waiting.

i'm just not entirely sure about what 23 Things would be both amusing and "21st-century-discordian"?

some very short parables/stories?
mind games or brain teasers?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Your Audience

You would need lot's of time on your hands for this:

Create a treasure hunt that leads to the pamflet.

For example, in a college/public library: In the toilet leave a sticker on the bog door with a memebomb, such as "Congradulations! you have found clue No.1. What the fuck you waiting for?", followed by a book reference for the library. In the particular book referenced leave another memebomb plus book ref and so. By following the refs (to really weird books) you finally come to the pamflet stashed somewhere sneaky.

This doesn't have to be in a library. It can be anywhare so longs as the clues can be followed.
You turn me on.

Ambassador KAOS

AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

QuoteRemember Roger's sermon about how the subversive need a good cover? It's true, you can't influence people if you look like a freak to them.

The freaks are making an entrance in the mainstream, I think.  It,Äôs only a beginning, but I feel that it is slowly becoming fashionable, at least in my jungle, to be a freak, or a stylized version of one at least.  Idiosyncrasy is sought after in our society as if it were the gold standard of individualism.

QuoteBig flashy revolutionary ideas are easily dismissed. The subtle, the sexy, they make it through threshold.

I agree with you there.  It has to be slow, viral, and memetic.  From the bottom up.  Anything too big will turn people off.

QuoteNumerous other people saw me putting them up and just ignored them. This guy seemed to care about something.

You could glean a lot by considering that principled people are rarer than people who will agree with you.  Proactivity is admirable, even in the opposition.

QuoteMaybe the best way to get people to think hard about the Black Iron Prison pamphlet is to destroy it.

That would give it an underground appeal, and it would pander to the obstinate people of either side of the spectrum.  I like that idea.

QuoteThis what Discordians against Discordia is all about.

We could call it Discordians Against the Discordian Agenda (DADA) just to be extra tongue-in-cheeky.

QuotePut sexy swimsuit models on them. Subtelty through commercialization.
Sex sells.  I,Äôm not being dumb when I say I,Äôd stare a little longer at a poster with sex appeal.  I,Äôve seen lots of underground posters that use gritty smut to draw your attention.

QuoteThis is why I thought changing the cover of the BiP to the "23" movie thing Syn did was so good.  It adapts to the audience.

Also, context helps as well.

can,Äôt be overstressed.  Context is in some ways more important than context, because it governs what content is presented.

QuoteHere's an idea--

pepper a target location with propaganda over time. As it goes on, it leads up to the BIP.

Very sneaky, and intriguing to the audience.  That would build an ideal framework of context for people to put it in.

Cain

Subversion also sells.

In fact, I think society is starting to hit a point where in many respects we don't have to do much of the legwork ourselves.  From a political point of view, the state is collapsing from an onslaught of organized crime networks, sub-state guerrillas and international companies.  From a social point of view, we haven't reached that stage yet.

But we will

And when we do, we can expect similar results to the above, because the trends are going the same way.  In effect, we do not need to recruit people so much, as put our efforts into better conceptual frameworks for a freer and more chaotic society, and get our people into certain positions among other movements with the member base to make this happen.

Shibboleet The Annihilator