News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

What is a "vargr"?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 25, 2007, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on April 28, 2007, 12:02:26 AM
God, how I despised that show.  It used the be one of the only things Cartoon Network played when I was younger.

lmfao, Raggi

Gah.  When I was younger, there wasn't even cable.

And Scooby Doo is the last good thing made for television.  Ever.  You fucking heathen.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jasper

Cain

The new version wasn't.  Me and Felix are nearly the same age, so I know exactly what he's on about.  The newest stuff, which came on when I was around 10-11 was utterly awful, compared to the genius of the originals.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 28, 2007, 12:29:00 PM
The new version wasn't.  Me and Felix are nearly the same age, so I know exactly what he's on about.  The newest stuff, which came on when I was around 10-11 was utterly awful, compared to the genius of the originals.

WTF?  They desecrated the original?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2007, 06:35:44 PM

Oh hell yeah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_13_Ghosts_of_Scooby-Doo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Pup_Named_Scooby-Doo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_New%2C_Scooby-Doo%3F

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on April 28, 2007, 06:42:28 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 28, 2007, 06:35:44 PM

Oh hell yeah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_13_Ghosts_of_Scooby-Doo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Pup_Named_Scooby-Doo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What%27s_New%2C_Scooby-Doo%3F

:rogpipe:

Thurnez Isa

the 13 ghost's had its moments
but yah it was nothing like the orginal
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Triple Zero

the original was awesome. a happy rock'n'roll 60s-style intro tune, and the exact same plot every single episode :-D

like a poetic form :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

The New and Improved Flintstones was the worst, imho.

AFK

I always hated Scooby Doo and the Flintstones.  I thought Hanna-Barbara's other lesser known characters like Huckleberry Hound, Hong Kong Phooey, etc. were more interesting. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Jenne

Liked Scooby Doo best when it had ghosts on it.  I dug the spookyness.

Otherwise, I was totally into Huckleberry Hound, Pink Panther, Tom & Jerry (my kids ADORE T&J and all the WB characters--pre-Animaniacs), Yogi Bear, etc.

Jasper

I grew up on programs Krazy Kat, Popeye, Huckleberry Hound, the Godzilla Cartoon, and movies like Joe's Apartment.

And the coffee worms from MIB are one of my earliest role models.

Jenne

Ah yes, who can forget Sunday Mornings with Popeye?!

Triple Zero

Quote from: triple zero on April 26, 2007, 12:35:04 PM

"Raggi" ?

\

bump, thanks to Cain  :mrgreen:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Scooby Doo had fucking Don Knotts on it, therefor it was ootra-cool.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman