News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

What is a "vargr"?

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, April 25, 2007, 11:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Besides someone who hates JOOs?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

theCalmpsychopath

the human brain is like a grizzly bear with a midget on the back trying to control it

Payne

And I think that role players somewhere appropriated the term for an alien race. My brain is so bendy at the moment that I could be imagining that though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on April 25, 2007, 11:13:06 PM
And I think that role players somewhere appropriated the term for an alien race. My brain is so bendy at the moment that I could be imagining that though.

Which role players?  Pagans?

:lulz:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Payne

Could be. I heard the term sometime during my two years break from teh internets. The problem is, though, that during that time I was a fuckin' stoner. Any recollection I have from that time isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Kimmy Gibbler

KIMMY GIBBLER:  SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Izzo on April 25, 2007, 11:16:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vargr

"The Vargr are an alien race from the Traveller roleplaying game universe. "

Well, now we know what kind of "Pagan" a "Vargr" is. :lol:

Kinda the same kind the X-Men Pagans/Jedi Pagans are.

Ie, no one to take seriously.

Payne

That'll be the one. I seem to recall my friend and I ripping a guy to pieces (metaphorically) in the pub for spouting lots of weird RPG shit at us when we were bombed.

Wolfpoet

It's not so much that we fear the Wolf that howls outside, we fear the Wolf that howls within our soul.

Paladin, Iman, Rabbi and Fa Shih of the Erisian revival.

There are 3 sides to any conflict, winners, losers and arms dealers. Eris does a damn good deal at competitive prices.

Idem

Kimmy Gibbler

Quote from: Payne on April 25, 2007, 11:19:58 PM
That'll be the one. I seem to recall my friend and I ripping a guy to pieces (metaphorically) in the pub for spouting lots of weird RPG shit at us when we were bombed.

That's actually a great way to troll pagans.  Only don't tell 'em it's RPG shit.  When my roommate found out what I was doing he told me I wasn't allowed to use his White Wolf books to make his friends any dumber.
KIMMY GIBBLER:  SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

Payne

Grievously insulting another man:

There are three words from maliced verse between men, which are punished with full outlawry. If a man calls a man ragr or stro??inn or sor??inn. And they shall be punished as fully slanderous words, and a man is given the right to kill for these words. (6)

From WPs link

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Payne on April 25, 2007, 11:28:04 PM
Grievously insulting another man:

There are three words from maliced verse between men, which are punished with full outlawry. If a man calls a man ragr or stro??inn or sor??inn. And they shall be punished as fully slanderous words, and a man is given the right to kill for these words. (6)

From WPs link

And what a reputable link it is!  :lol:

"Crimsonmane"?  :lol:  Why, that's just as good as Oxford or the Smithsonian!

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

im confused by all this shit