News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Disreality

Started by Jenne, April 26, 2007, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2007, 07:56:13 PM
NOT unreality...not the lack of reality...but apart from reality, away from reality.

It's that point when, to all intents and purposes, there is a reversal of reality, you are taken from it, and placed instead in disreality.  Where the surreal is the real.  Where life is death, death is life.  The not is, and the is never really has been.

And the disbelief in the disreality causes a lack of cognizance, a dissonance, with the center of being.  So that there is an imbalance of proportion, and gaining back the fulcrum seems the impossiblest of tasks.

When you reach disreality, you wonder why it has to be, even while you know the very direct because it came into being. But you still question the necessitation of consequences, the necessitation of the action, the weight and counterweight to the scales.  Off-center suits when you are in surreality or impracticality.

But the unrecognizable disreality brings pain, absence of control, horrifically dark feelings that swell and never subside.  Disreality is the conjunction of all forces opposite that bring it all into lopsided focus, when you say goodbye to what was irrevocably known, and you enter the world eternal of the inconceivably unknown.

I think I have the opposite problem.  I did what I've always warned against.

I stopped and actually took a good look around.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Ever since 2004, I think I've stopped NOT looking around.  And folks don't like the rearrangement of my face nor the look in my eye now that I'm aware.  They liked it better when my eyes were clouded and I figured my shit had more to do with existential angst than what was really wrong.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 08:33:26 PM
Ever since 2004, I think I've stopped NOT looking around.  And folks don't like the rearrangement of my face nor the look in my eye now that I'm aware.  They liked it better when my eyes were clouded and I figured my shit had more to do with existential angst than what was really wrong.

The Truth is ugly, Jenne.  It's ugly and wrong and painful and...and it's the only thing worth having.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 08:47:29 PM

The Truth is ugly, Jenne.  It's ugly and wrong and painful and...and it's the only thing worth having.

That's what I mean.  I am resented wholesale for not only knowing it, but advertising it as well.  And not letting others obfuscate or destroy it.

Yup.  I'm not very popular.  At all.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on April 26, 2007, 08:06:54 PM
Is it like this?

My OBNOXIOUS JERK CABAL was born, in part, when a bunch of my friends spent long periods of time being very very sarcastic assholes to each other. After months of being perpetually sarcastic, we actually experienced a cognitive flip. It was a prime example of language sculpting reality. My cabal-mate Squire Candyass called it the "terrible/awesome" phase.

"So I failed my Junior Seminar class."
"That's awesome!"
".... yeah, it is awesome! How'd you do on your chem final?"
"I aced it."
"Oh, that sucks. You want a beer?"

We'd get really excited about injuries and illnesses, and really depressed about good weather. It was a supremely weird period because somebody would leap out from behind a bush and slash you with a kitchen knife and you'd thank them. Someone got sick and threw up all over the living room and you'd high five them as you hauled out the mop. I remember scrubbing a floor with a grin, saying "I fucking love cleaning up puke!" and sort of meant it. That kind of shit was happening nonstop.

After months of this, we had to make a collective reality check. We found ourselves unable to communicate with others because our sense of humor was so far out of whack. That's just the tip of the ice berg, but suffice to say that in hindsight, I can only describe that period as disreality.

Copious use of hallucinogens, of course, made the period that much more bizarre and personally significant.

'zat what you mean?

Minor threadjack, but: that's awesome

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 27, 2009, 09:04:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 27, 2009, 08:47:29 PM

That's what I mean.  I am resented wholesale for not only knowing it, but advertising it as well.  And not letting others obfuscate or destroy it.

Yup.  I'm not very popular.  At all.

"Telling the truth will not make you popular at parties."
- Some fucking wet blanket.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

If you knew the truth, you probably wouldn't be partying.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on October 28, 2009, 11:01:36 AM

Bullshit.  If you knew The Truth, you'd be partying five times as hard.

This is no century for those who aren't serious about having a good time.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 03:55:37 PM
Quote from: Enki v. 2.0 on October 28, 2009, 11:01:36 AM

Bullshit.  If you knew The Truth, you'd be partying five times as hard.

Prexactly!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Shai Hulud

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on April 26, 2007, 09:06:53 PM
Operation mindfuck. When I first encountered the phrase it was something you did to yourself. On purpose you'd alter your whole approach to life, your belief structure, your mental and emotional reactions to things, derail your train of thought at every available opportunity. Kind like roleplaying but with much greater intent and intensity.

I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh every day for years.  Thing is, he's actually really, genuinely funny guy.  Like hilarious.  You listen to him enough you get the feeling that his whole persona is some sort of big glorious prank.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
On hearing this somebody, somewhere, will achieve enlightenment.  But for me, it may have set me back a couple satoris.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Guy_Incognito on October 28, 2009, 04:10:08 PM
Operation mindfuck. When I first encountered the phrase it was something you did to yourself. On purpose you'd alter your whole approach to life, your belief structure, your mental and emotional reactions to things, derail your train of thought at every available opportunity. Kind like roleplaying but with much greater intent and intensity.

I used to listen to Rush Limbaugh every day for years.  Thing is, he's actually really, genuinely funny guy.  Like hilarious.  You listen to him enough you get the feeling that his whole persona is some sort of big glorious prank.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
On hearing this somebody, somewhere, will achieve enlightenment.  But for me, it may have set me back a couple satoris.

That's my job.

TGRR,
Knocking Buddhists out of Satori since the Johnson Administration.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Guy_Incognito on October 28, 2009, 04:10:08 PM

I used to wonder how much of politics was just people pranking the gullible masses, and the gullible masses taking them seriously. Then I realized that the politicians aren't necessarily any less gullible.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

The Good Reverend Roger

If you gave me Limbaugh's job, I would go totally berserk.

TGRR,
Method Acting can never go too far.

Jenne

:lulz:  Word.  I think I realized the "now you know, anything goes" attitude will actually keep you out of the looney bin only just long enough to enjoy yourself while you're on the ride about a year into this whole mess.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 28, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
:lulz:  Word.  I think I realized the "now you know, anything goes" attitude will actually keep you out of the looney bin only just long enough to enjoy yourself while you're on the ride about a year into this whole mess.

Ever go skiing, Jenne?  Sometimes you hit an icy patch.  At that point, only sheer nerve will keep you in one piece.  Go faster, always faster.  Loose your nerve, and you're done dealing.

The same concept applies here.