News:

Today, for a brief second, I thought of a life without Roger. It was much like my current life, except that this forum was a bit nicer.

Main Menu

Disreality

Started by Jenne, April 26, 2007, 07:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 28, 2009, 06:56:45 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 28, 2009, 06:54:31 PM
:lulz:  Word.  I think I realized the "now you know, anything goes" attitude will actually keep you out of the looney bin only just long enough to enjoy yourself while you're on the ride about a year into this whole mess.

Ever go skiing, Jenne?  Sometimes you hit an icy patch.  At that point, only sheer nerve will keep you in one piece.  Go faster, always faster.  Loose your nerve, and you're done dealing.

The same concept applies here.

:lulz:  Oh if you only knew my history with skiing.  I uh gave it up.  I hate it.  Hate snow,  hate ice.  Pretty to look at, but not risk my neck on.  Hate the wetness, hate the cold.  Hate the soreness of muscles I never knew were there and the subsequent bruises.

But I have a fear of falling, too.  I think that's why I managed to live in the mountains for 7 years and only skiied twice.

The Good Reverend Roger

The metaphor still holds.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Yeah, but there are other thinks LIKE skiing that AREN'T skiing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Jenne on October 29, 2009, 12:31:05 AM

Yeah.  Like American life.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 29, 2009, 02:20:12 PM
Quote from: Jenne on October 29, 2009, 12:31:05 AM

Yeah.  Like American life.

*scratches head*

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2007, 08:10:32 PM
Yes, it's Alice in Wonderland meets Alice in Chains.

that one liner just produced a massive internal visualisation of what exactly that would be like.

And, I kinda like it. 

The mad hatter's tea party being a little like "Junkhead".. actually, thats scary as fuck!

President Television

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on October 30, 2009, 06:36:34 PM

that one liner just produced a massive internal visualisation of what exactly that would be like.

And, I kinda like it. 

The mad hatter's tea party being a little like "Junkhead".. actually, thats scary as fuck!

This makes me want to rewrite Alice in Wonderland as a rock musical.
Except that Layne's dead. :cry:
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Shrunkenheadspace on October 30, 2009, 11:16:20 PM
Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on October 30, 2009, 06:36:34 PM

And, I kinda like it. 

This makes me want to rewrite Alice in Wonderland as a rock musical.
Except that Layne's dead. :cry:

It would has been awesomes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Jenne on April 26, 2007, 07:56:13 PM
NOT unreality...not the lack of reality...but apart from reality, away from reality.

It's that point when, to all intents and purposes, there is a reversal of reality, you are taken from it, and placed instead in disreality.  Where the surreal is the real.  Where life is death, death is life.  The not is, and the is never really has been.

OH HAI FROM 2020, WHEN THIS IS ALLLLLL NORMAL.
Molon Lube