News:

That's okay, I know how to turn my washing machine into a centrifuge if need be.

Main Menu

Essay #1-Children

Started by Mitok Thendorblurt, May 01, 2007, 02:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitok Thendorblurt

What is the best way to reflect childhood? Is it through an adult,Äôs eyes? Adults have already gone through their childhood, so they know what goes on, but they are also blocked. There insight into the life a child is fogged by a layer of adulthood. Adults obey rules, go with the flow of the fire, and never ask questions. They would put everything into cabinets, into piles. Aneris starts to control the mind of what was once a child, and they become engulfed in the curse of Greyface.  Children are wild and crazy, and they do what they want. Greyface was an adult, probably a really old man, and he probably worked under a very high authority. Authority, age and work are all beings of Aneris, and children do not hold any of these things.
                 A child fnord wouldn,Äôt organize childhood; they would just say whatever comes to their mind, completely chaotic. They would give the equivalent of a baby chao. They would let everything fly loose, and this is good.
               Children have no work. Work is order.
               Children have no authority. Authority is seriousness.
               Children have no age. Age is Aneris.
               A child is a manifestation of Eris,Äôs sense of humor and playfulness. They are the human Podge. You wouldn't rape the Podge, would you?
The sig will be much prettier soon,
I swear

Payne

The best way to reflect childhood in my estimation is through drugs. There is a reason why we can't really remember our childhood so easily, and for me thats because as a child, we are high on life.

This does not mean that as adults we should use drugs to get us closer to childhood, or in your view closer to Eris. We should use the abilities we learn as adults (if we actually do learn anything, not everyone does) to do something about this, not revert to infantilism and hope someone will be there to hold our hand.

But thats just my view.

LMNO

Reminder:  The Hodge and the Podge balance.

AFK

Quote from: Mitok Thendorblurt on May 01, 2007, 02:59:48 AM
                 A child fnord wouldn,Äôt organize childhood; they would just say whatever comes to their mind, completely chaotic. They would give the equivalent of a baby chao. They would let everything fly loose, and this is good.

Actually, I have to disagree with this point, somewhat.  The sentence would be correct without the first phrase.  Because, when a child acts chaotic and says whatever comes to mind, etc., etc., they actually are organizing their childhood.  They are testing the boundaries so as to define them for themselves.  This is a form of organization.  However, that said, a child is much more likely to continue to explore those boundaries than a typical "greyface" adult who sets up the boundaries in their mind, and assumes they are the totallity of their world.  No more exploration needed in their estimation.  Otherwise, I think you make some good points. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

SupaTaft

Good show, Mitok.

I once had a little cousin of mine, in a fit of anger, call me a "Monster Truck Apple."

If that ain't the Good Lady of Discord speaking, I don't know what is.

- D

Cramulus

Quote from: SupaTaft on May 01, 2007, 05:17:22 PM
I once had a little cousin of mine, in a fit of anger, call me a "Monster Truck Apple."

:lol: yeah, a friend's little brother once called me a "Fart Wagon". Thought that was the best thing ever.

Jasper

Monster truck apple?  Fart wagon?

We need to find these kids and put them on payroll.

Ambassador KAOS

wouldn't rape a child but I'd certainly rape the podge for the sake of itself.

:lulz:
AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!