News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

The Invisibles, by Grant Morrison

Started by Cramulus, May 05, 2007, 06:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

Ya' stupid Yank.

Shadowdaemon

:mittens: Just finished vol 1 and so far I love it.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2008, 11:37:00 PM
Prisons are for those who cannot exist without preying on others.

Murderers, rapists, thieves, and Halliburton execs. 

Potheads?  Meh.  All they do is sit on the couch, eating Cheetohs.

Quote from: Cain on August 28, 2008, 11:05:57 AM
The Bible sucks hairy goat balls.  Awful writing, boring plot, nothing of interest whatsoever.  "Elia who begat Noah who begat Adam who begat Joesph who begat NO-ONE GIVES A FUCKING SHIT, THATS WHO."

Cramulus

Bu🤠ns

:lulz:

:mittens:

LOVE the guy on the right's expression.

Cramulus

the guy on the right is the Marquis de Sade  :lol:

that art riffs on how artists and writers and poets try to change the future...
in the prior issues, Byron and Shelley wax on about how poetry is supposed to elevate us, to paint a picture of a better world so we can go there.

Later, they take the Marquis de Sade to a bondage club.

I guess Morrison is making the point that the Marquis de Sade left a bigger mark on the future than Lord Byron or Shelley or any of those idealistic dreamers.  8)

Bu🤠ns

i need to finnish this series...i have it..just never finnished it.

Payne

Brotep

Loved The Invisibles.

The ending is awesome.

Fuquad

Quote from: Antonymous on December 18, 2008, 07:06:42 AM
Loved The Invisibles.

The ending is awesome.
The story changes when you read it a second time.

THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Faust

BUMP:
Starting volume three. Just a little note on it, the issues are numbered in reverse starting at twelve, but one of the uploads going around has them numbered the wrong way so I am after reading the last issue.
I'm hoping it doesn't spoil much, I was pretty damn confused and thought grant had gone off his rocker.
Oh well, thats my tale on the horrors of piracy.
I hope they release this in as a trade I really want to own it and read it physically in my hands.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

On the topic, I also wonder, what do you all think about the change in drawing style in vol.3 ?

From what I gather, the first two volumes had different artists as well, but I never really noticed. The third volume however is distinctively more "cartoonish", which to me, makes certain stuff which would have been quite gripping in the older more realistic style a lot less "in your face".

maybe it's just me.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 19, 2009, 08:02:44 PM
On the topic, I also wonder, what do you all think about the change in drawing style in vol.3 ?

From what I gather, the first two volumes had different artists as well, but I never really noticed. The third volume however is distinctively more "cartoonish", which to me, makes certain stuff which would have been quite gripping in the older more realistic style a lot less "in your face".

maybe it's just me.

Unfortunately yeah. Its the same guy who did the Volume The Kindly Ones of the Sandman. I don't like it. The atmosphere it gives is tense but I think it is a very poor match for the content being portrayed. However from looking at the list of artists for this volume theres actually a lot of variation. So it will be interesting to see what the rest of Vol 3 is like.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cramulus on November 19, 2008, 02:12:56 PM
I guess Morrison is making the point that the Marquis de Sade left a bigger mark on the future than Lord Byron or Shelley or any of those idealistic dreamers.  8)

This might be true, but Byron and Shelley sort of set a standard.  The Marquis simply raped the quo.  :hit:

Bu🤠ns

oh and in case anybody missed this when he posted in that thread that time: Link

Chairman Risus

Bump- Either I cannot figure out torrents, or being on campus makes me time out.
Can I get a hand?