News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

The Invisibles, by Grant Morrison

Started by Cramulus, May 05, 2007, 06:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

yeah, it should be in all caps!

HAL PHILLIPS, can you tell us a little about the Grant Morrison DVD you got ahold of? Apparently it contains a lot of interview with Morrison about the Invisibles, and his opinion of it changed after 9/11.

DeusExMachina

i didn't even know this dvd existed! could you torrent it?
'Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist.'
-George Carlin

'Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.'

- Albert Einstein

Faust

Quote from: DeusExMachina on December 15, 2010, 11:40:24 PM
i didn't even know this dvd existed! could you torrent it?

It cant be posted on the forum, if someone is sending it to you it has to be via pm.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

DeusExMachina

pm me it please or let me know where i could buy it. thanks.  Never on here at all anymore work too much!
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

DeusExMachina

Thanks Cram got the link from Faust aswell will be nice for some christmas viewing
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Epimetheus

I bought and watched Talking with Gods. It wasn't as mind-blowing or fascinating as I had hoped, or as the name implies, but still interesting for someone wanting to know basically a biography of Morrison, how he got into comics and that.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

The Good Reverend Roger

SO,  I finally got the whole series and read it.

And it was crap.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Q. G. Pennyworth

It's fun if you're willing to go along with some of the silly and do a little of the extracurricular reading (the "everyone in a white suit is an outsider playing The Invisibles" theory is a particularly good one). I can see why it didn't do much for you, though. Morrison never sticks the landing.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 22, 2016, 05:34:39 PM
It's fun if you're willing to go along with some of the silly and do a little of the extracurricular reading (the "everyone in a white suit is an outsider playing The Invisibles" theory is a particularly good one). I can see why it didn't do much for you, though. Morrison never sticks the landing.

It was the ending.  It was gibberish and made me want to punch a nun.  Seriously.  Morrison ALWAYS does this.  He gets high and gets a good idea, but then he STAYS high and writes it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

DeusExMachina

Wow only a six year old thread.

He doesn't get high any more though as far as I know, well not in the creative process.
-George Carlin

- Albert Einstein

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 22, 2016, 05:36:44 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 22, 2016, 05:34:39 PM

It was the ending.  It was gibberish and made me want to punch a nun.  Seriously.  Morrison ALWAYS does this.  He gets high and gets a good idea, but then he STAYS high and writes it.

He really could have cut it after the end of the royals arc when Jack and Fanny went off to start their new cabal. Still would have been a lot of dangling ends, but they wouldn't have been as obnoxious as his 2012 stuff.

The Good Reverend Roger

Faust

I enjoyed it right up to that final issue, I hated the ending, but thats still a decades worth of story that was decent.
His endings are very inconsistent, I find with the shorter series like All Star Superman and the filth they tend to be better.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on February 22, 2016, 08:13:54 PM
I enjoyed it right up to that final issue, I hated the ending, but thats still a decades worth of story that was decent.
His endings are very inconsistent, I find with the shorter series like All Star Superman and the filth they tend to be better.

I really enjoyed the middle of the story, especially the life of a mook.  He did the same thing with Kid Eternity and Flex Mentallo, but both were so good otherwise that I didn't really get bothered by it.