News:

"At the teaparties they only dunked bags into cups of water...because they didn't want to break the law. And that just about sums up America's revolutionary spirit."

Main Menu

The City: A Collection of Literary Debris

Started by LMNO, May 26, 2005, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangrove

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

CORNHOLIO

uh, heh, Mr big nose guy, uh, yeah, uh, I keep seeing the alphabet everywhere and it's starting to kinda freak me out :shock:  can you help me or something, or at least get me some nachos, heh, hehehe, heh
ARE YOU THREATENING ME??? IIII AAAMMMM COOORRRNNNHOOOLLIIOOOOO!!!!!!

Mangrove

Quote from: CORNHOLIOuh, heh, Mr big nose guy, uh, yeah, uh, I keep seeing the alphabet everywhere and it's starting to kinda freak me out :shock:  can you help me or something, or at least get me some nachos, heh, hehehe, heh

cornholio deserves education for great, heavenly investigative joke kabalah.

perhaps quiet reading suffices?

oh...nachos are in the bar btw. speak to the scrid.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

LMNO

SBCU

Fittest
The man is looking through the window, while I am testing the meter. Numbers flicker in front of me, till suddenly they stand still, like a photo has been taken of them. 12.532 the meter says and I press the button again. The numbers fly past like the rain I had been walking through to get to this job of mine. 'Doesn't pay much' my father had said when he heard of me taking this job in The City, 'and it's dirty work too.' He was too right, but what else can you do to earn your living in The City?

Stop: 243.332. Higher this time, must watch it.

I am testing the meter for the police and the officer who comes in and checks if everything is going to plan looks too grim to make this a routine job. I prefer to see my colleagues at my work, always ready to show they are happy to work for the company. The police of The City have their special way of settling this kind of thing and that's why they chose my employer to fix it for them. Normally I would only test employee monitoring systems, or a random work enhancer for an average company of The City and such a customer would leave me alone. But not the police, they have to monitor everything.

Stop: 334.543. Even higher. The officer looks approvingly at the results he sees on the screen in front of me. 'So you think it will  have the desired results?' The officer asks with an artificial demanding tone. 'Of course, XT2 has been made by The City's best.' I say with a monotone voice, to cover up my excitement.

Stop: 432.345. Not long to go... If I keep this up I will be able to have the next test take about five minutes longer then this one. My company gets payed by the minute for this work, so I better do it right. I get payed by the hour -of course- and only want to keep my job, like all the others in The City.

Stop: 593.333. The man in front of the window closes his eyes and drops to the ground. Two men walk into the test chamber, to make sure that test person 2.34 is dead. I get a confirmation and I ask my colleague John to offer another person on the street a free lunch.

Surviving in The City, I think I'll live.
Es ist soweit ich bin bereit
Der schlaechter schreit ich bin soweit
Es ist soweit ich bin bereit
Kein weib mehr schreit in ewigkeit

LMNO