News:

"Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed." - Jesus

Main Menu

Principa Discordia (where to find the PDF)

Started by rivetrenuck, June 04, 2007, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivetrenuck

i m posting one of my thoughts, hehe that is although ive never actually read any of Robert Anton Wilsons books, but ive read alot of his articles, seen all his videos, heard his spoken word albums, and i would say that yeah, some of it is preety cool but the rest is almost like his just getting off of pronouncing himself. i dont like the way he potrays himself as an intelect, i dont like it when he plays the good boy and all that, yeah he has made alot of good points, my favourite that ive come across is that the Atomic Bomb is natural, otherwise it wouldnt be possible, that was awesome!

but essentialy i dont really think he is really worth it, infact i sorta despise the guy,

i m sorry, i know i shouldnt plagiarise like this, espicialy cuz i havent read his books and also since i have not read much of discordian literature. this is just a opinion, and please correct me where i am wrong.

Triple Zero

seeing as you have already been pointed to the Black Iron Prison stuff, i'd say you could get a fairly good idea for what you'd hope to find in discordian literature by reading (your personal favourite selection of) The Good Reverend Roger's rants in the Or Kill Me subforum.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I think some his later stuff (TSOG especially) was pretty much done to get the cash.  And I don't like how many of New Falcon's authors basically rim each other on reviews all the time, making it impossible to tell if anything they produce is decent, until its in your hands.

Illuminatus! is worth a read, just so you know whats in it (http://kamita.com/misc/illuminatus/illuminatus.html), but really its his psychology stuff thats worth it.  Anything else can pretty much be heard anywhere else, if you know where to look.

Deepthroat Chopra

Cram: "CBT stands for cock and ball torture. In the right context and with the right partner, it's really hot stuff."

You bastard!  :lulz:

Sorry, Rivet, I was being a bit of a nanny at the time. The others gave good advice. Get a laugh, somehow. For some reason, Monty Python or Peter Sellers spring to mind, even if you've already seen them a hundred times.

Take two of each and call a random number out of the phone book in the morning.
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

LMNO

Quantum Psychology and Prometheus Rising are pretty much the only two RAW books you need.  The rest are just oblique commentary on those two books.

rivetrenuck

many have recommended Prometheus Rising,

i dont mean to be an cheap skate, but are there online texts? hehehe

thank you all for replying

LMNO

Check the Library subforum.  Might be there.

Triple Zero

yep, use the forum search option, i'm not gonna look it up again.

it was somewhere for download at rawilsonfans.com or something
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.