News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Yet another effort, gentleman, if we are to become Discordians!

Started by Cain, May 09, 2007, 12:54:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_W

Quote from: Ratatosk on June 11, 2007, 05:12:29 PM
Quote from: SBCU on June 09, 2007, 09:16:25 AM
I find it quite interesting that in your writings actually everything and everybody is right, as long as they live up to the formula of chaos, which will come naturally. The teachings of Discordia tell us that the Grey man made the order, not that the order was a result of ordering the chaos. The order is an illusion that needs to be shown as an illusion by Discordians. Like the kings clothes, our dear people are walking around in their order. As long as everybody is telling each other how wonderful their orderly clothes are, there will be order. Then it doesn't matter if the clothes are covered with anarchy, liberal, or even Discordian prints, as long as people have their order in their mind, there is no fun for Eris.

I find it interesting that you interpreted my statements in such a way.
actually everything and everybody is right, as long as they live up to the formula of chaos, which will come naturally.

Maybe. I'm not sure that I said anywhere that "everybody is right", nor am I at all sure I think "everybody is right", in fact I'm not even sure what they're supposedly right about...

The teachings of Discordia tell us that the Grey man made the order, not that the order was a result of ordering the chaos. The order is an illusion that needs to be shown as an illusion by Discordians.

The teachings of Discordia tell us that we shouldn't believe the teachings of Discordia. However, if we were to examine the PD as useful, then consider the following:

1. I don't think Grey man made the Order. From my reading of the PD, the Greyfaced Hunchbrain looked around, saw order and decided that the Whole Universe was ordered. He didn't invent, create or otherwise make order... he simply saw order and ignored chaos (something that some Discordians do in reverse).

B. Order and Chaos can be described as two sides of the Sacred Chao, existing in a constant balance of "active wobbling". That is, an act of discord, will be balanced by an act of order, while an act of order will be balanced by an act of chaos. If order is not balanced, or if chaos is not balanced then the Chao tips and tipping a Chao isn't nearly as fun as rednecks make it out to be.

III. The order is an illusion that needs to be shown as an illusion by Discordians Don't fall under the Eristic Delusion. Neither Order nor Chaos are necessarily illusion... and both Order and Chaos may well be illusion... if you cut open a Golden apple, you'll usually find a pentagon inside.  Order and Chaos can be considered as games we can play, they're ways to arrange the pebbles of Starbuck. We can see them as points on a pentagram, or points on a pentagon, or just a bunch of busted rock scattered about the ground. To presume that there is One True view of reality (either Chaos OR Order) then we fall to Aristotle and his asinine two-valued logic trap.

Four -  People with order in their mind tend to be great fun for Eris and all of her Discordian acolytes. If everyone had nothing but Chaos in the brain, then acts of Discord would provide no primer for thought. Without the Greyface, there appears no Hodge to match our Podge.

• Every Man Woman and Child is a Pope of the Erisian Movement (even the Greyfaced Hunchbrains). Every Man, Woman and Child plays on the Hodge side, the Podge side, both sides or sits in the middle like a confused chipmunk.

Ratatosk, Squirrel of Discord
Muncher of the ChaoAcorn
Chatterer of the Words of Eris
POEE of the Great Googlie Mooglie Cabal

:mittens: that was beautifully done.

I stand by 000's semantic adjustment though.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I shall have to modify the semantics for my full rant.

:D
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson