News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Brand New Being

Started by LHX, May 10, 2007, 06:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

this discourse is on that 'ive busted out, but what now?' tip

it is informal

just trying to flush out some ideas about what is the difference between the 'before' and 'after' of a free thinker?

physically - you are in the same body
and subject to the same laws of the universe as you were prior to your new approach to life - so what is the big difference?

- from what i can see - a 'free thinker' doesnt live as much as travel

- life becomes an exploration

- there are no goals to achieve - more like places to visit

- there is still work to be done - but the nature of the work is different - its more like putting in work that seems to be in sync with how the universe moves rather than putting in work because you are afraid of the social repercussions of not putting in work

- any fear of physical harm has less to do with mortal terror and more to do with a preference to avoid physical discomfort because it is - well - uncomfortable

- you dont rely on things because somebody else said so - you take in new info and see how it jives with the map you already have going

- continually assessing paradigms or trends in society/history to determine what is legitimate and what is suspicious (possibly illusory)

- continually approaching taboos in order to determine what the fuss is all about

- not being driven by uncontrollable desires OR the polar opposite (SubGenius) approach of engaging in uncontrollable desires until you pass out or get burnt or get tired of it(both approaches seem to lead to the same conclusion)

- continuous refinement of self and approach

*also - perhaps there is a actual physical difference - obviously it would be something internal and subtle

maybe all this wack shit we see is the result of a stubborn shift in the nervous system at a molecular level

i dunno
just thinking out loud
neat hell

AFK

Sometimes I think of it as a re-awakening of sorts.  The Principia talks about "children playing in happy anarchy" or something like that.  As we grow up we forget how to do that.  So on a personal level, I find the "busting out" is kind of like returning to a state of mind I had as a child.  except, that now I have more knowledge about the workings of the world.  But, I have more knowledge of the knowledge I DON'T have and how important and rewarding it is to keep trying to figure this world out. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LHX

true

good point

i get that feeling a lot - constant discovery

i got attacked by one of these

and i couldnt stop laughing because the universe seemed so ridiculous all of a sudden

i had no idea what i did to provoke the attack other than existing
neat hell

Shit

I just saw one of those birds today.  I've never seen a bird like that, with that red spot on its shoulder. 
So long, and thanks for all the shit.

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Maybe you walked too close to it's nest or something.

Dags

Quote from: LHX on May 10, 2007, 06:39:27 PM
this discourse is on that 'ive busted out, but what now?' tip

it is informal

just trying to flush out some ideas about what is the difference between the 'before' and 'after' of a free thinker?

I like the term freethinker. ..  better than bright/ brights? 

...  renewed interest in learning and studying things ...
...  see a lot more irony in what people say including what i say
...  found that being proved wrong is a good way to grow past certain limits of thinking.
.... enjoying the thoughts of others even if they don't agree with my own. 

- Dags

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

AFK

This forum needs more LHX. 

Cramulus

I really like the OP. If I had time, I'd post it on the bip wiki.

AFK

I posted it in the Lit section.  pretty much as is so if someone else has time to edit it, or make it look nicer, have at it.