News:

CAN'T A BROTHER GET A LITTLE PEACE?

Main Menu

Re: Keepin\\\\\\

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, May 14, 2007, 08:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 14, 2007, 08:28:31 PM
cause Ben deleated his account all the newer people think he's a noob....
:lol:

I know.

But I still want to know what CowAss meant by "fringe idealists".

TGRR,
Isn't an idealist.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Idem

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Idem on May 14, 2007, 09:25:42 PM
Erm, pledge?

The majority of people, for some reason, wished to exclude CowAss from the pledge.

Apparently, many people here LIKE ranting being used to fuel ad hominem trolling questioning the ranter's sanity, emotional state, etc, instead of simply being the Holy Act,Ñ¢ that it is.

So, rather than break the pledge completely, I am only supporting it concerning AKK.

Doesn't change the fact that CowAss is a fucking moron, though.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hunter s.durden

I included Cow Ass because he is on the "Mind control" kick.

I think it funny that he can't believe there is a consensus to hate him, but i'm just pledging him out.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Cow Ass on May 14, 2007, 10:00:44 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 14, 2007, 08:30:13 PM

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on May 14, 2007, 08:28:31 PM
cause Ben deleated his account all the newer people think he's a noob....
:lol:

I know.

But I still want to know what CowAss meant by "fringe idealists".

TGRR,
Isn't an idealist.
idealist definition-
n.
1. One whose conduct is influenced by ideals that often conflict with practical considerations.

2. One who is unrealistic and impractical; a visionary.

3. An artist or writer whose work is imbued with idealism.

4. An adherent of any system of philosophical idealism.(yourdictionary.com)

The multiple meanings of this word fit the people of this board quite well.

MEaning 1- Well...duh. Even moreso when you consider what modern western society considers "practical"

Meaning 2- Now, not everyone on this board fits here but a great deal of people do along with many others who are considered fringe. Many of these people use these wacky belief systems (yes, they are wacky, some troof, but definetly wacky) as way to make themselves feel unique and important when really they just can't cope with the reality around them. I say again, not everyone fits this def, but many do.

Meaning 3- Yes, many of us fit this description and some are quite talented.

Meaning 4- Everyone here fits this one in some form or another.

And according to most of America, PD and Co. is considered fringe, hence "fringe idealist."

Mahk!

Are you an angry person, CowAss?   8)

TGRR,
Is fucking AMAZED that you expected a serious answer.  Dumbshit.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on May 14, 2007, 09:59:43 PM

I think it funny that he can't believe there is a consensus to hate him, but i'm just pledging him out.

Well, that's what happens when you shit on people via their rants.

It's kinda like a Baptist laughing at another Baptist for witnessing.

Sure, it's legal, but it's crass.  Lacking in class.

Cain

QuoteWell, that's what happens when you shit on people via their rants.

Thats why I stopped talking to Hugh.  Not only because he would do that, but because he would do it by creating new rants to aim at people he disagreed with, too, forcing you down to his level.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on May 14, 2007, 10:09:09 PM
QuoteWell, that's what happens when you shit on people via their rants.

Thats why I stopped talking to Hugh.  Not only because he would do that, but because he would do it by creating new rants to aim at people he disagreed with, too, forcing you down to his level.

Yep.  That's why I simply stopped reading his during the bad old days.

It wasn't ranting anymore, but rather a series of personal attacks aimed at people while hiding behind "ranting".  It was a hideous blasphemy of ranting.

Dr. Cow Ass

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 14, 2007, 10:04:51 PM

Roger, the only reason I shat on your rants is because they sometimes really needed to be shat on. I think alot of noobs that came along with other peeps that have left were to scared to shit on you or they couldn't handle the heat after they made their attempt. Yer just a shitty thing sometimes and I had to intervene.

And my answer was a bit serious, not really my style- a bit AKK like but the fucks don't sometimes cross like they should. Understand?

I bring the Spicy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dr. Cow Ass on May 14, 2007, 10:13:32 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 14, 2007, 10:04:51 PM

Roger, the only reason I shat on your rants is because they sometimes really needed to be shat on. I think alot of noobs that came along with other peeps that have left were to scared to shit on you or they couldn't handle the heat after they made their attempt. Yer just a shitty thing sometimes and I had to intervene.

And my answer was a bit serious, not really my style- a bit AKK like but the fucks don't sometimes cross like they should. Understand?

Naw.  You shat on my rants because you decided that you wanted to "take me down".  You said so yourself.  That's why you jumped too fucking quick on the first one, and made an asshole out of yourself over the Sonora thing, and that's why you decided to make the "are you an angry person" (or whatever) comment about a later one.

You were not critiquing the quality or the accuracy of the rants, you were using them to directly attack my motivations and/or mental state.

So quit your fucking lying, punk.

And who the FUCK set you up as the Official Guardian of the Noobs,Ñ¢?  Did Baby Jesus show up in a bright white light, and tell you that your "fellow" Discordians are too fucking stupid to stand up for themselves, and that YOU were CHOSEN to "intervene" on behalf of their poor, semi-intelligent selves?

What a horrible burden that must be on you, CowAss!  You poor, misunderstood SAINT, you! 

:lulz:

hunter s.durden

Deliver us from Roger....

Noone needs your fucking help.
As a one time n00b, i'd be insulted if a fuckface like CowAss tried to "protect me."
This space for rent.

Adios

Quote from: hunter s.durden on May 14, 2007, 10:21:46 PM

As a one time n00b, i'd be insulted if a fuckface like CowAss tried to "protect me."

:mittens:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on May 14, 2007, 10:21:46 PM

This is the exact same thing that fuels his apologist form of racism against Blacks.

At some level, and not a very deep one, he is convinced that he is smarter than everyone else, and that everyone needs him to protect them, and tell them what to do, and how to behave.

In short, he'd make a fine member of the GOP or democratic party.

Along with the rest of the greys.

hunter s.durden

That's exactly what I was thinking.

We discussed that on here a few months ago.
Funny it comes back up with him.
Transparent as hell.
This space for rent.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hunter s.durden on May 14, 2007, 10:27:32 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking.

We discussed that on here a few months ago.
Funny it comes back up with him.
Transparent as hell.

Yep.

And sorry for the derail, Ben.

Would you like the thread split?