News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Enough

Started by Jasper, May 15, 2007, 03:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 05:00:21 AM
Equals?

I pulled a double shift last night, sir.

Please to not be giving me any shit, and to be answering the question.

Thanks.

TGRR,
Just used up the last of his happy thoughts.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 05:01:49 AM
Equals?

Thanks.

TGRR,

:lulz:

That was the answer.

ALT

+

(+=) key

=

Fuck that's confusing to communicate.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 05:05:25 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 05:01:49 AM
Equals?

Thanks.

TGRR,

:lulz:

That was the answer.

ALT

+

(+=) key

=

Fuck that's confusing to communicate.

ALT + = DOES NOT WORK.

Please to not be fucking with me, sir.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I'm not fucking with you.

That's how it's working with my mac.

I'm assuming at this point you have a PC, which means I probably can't help you.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Jasper

Doesn't work for my PC either.

Also, meditation only proves that calming down is good for you.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 05:13:23 AM

That's how it's working with my mac.

Sorry.  I didn't know you were a benighted heathen.

B_M_W

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 04:52:25 AM
Quote from: Deepthroat Chopra on May 15, 2007, 04:51:06 AM

Tell me then, smart guy, how do you explain that woman in Mexico who had the Virgin Mary's face burnt into her nachos skillet? Hmm?

That is gorgeous.

Also, when I say anywhere, I mean anywhere. Ever heard of those people who see jesus in the eagle nebula?
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on May 15, 2007, 05:18:26 AM

Tell me then, smart guy, how do you explain that woman in Mexico who had the Virgin Mary's face burnt into her nachos skillet? Hmm?

That is gorgeous.

Also, when I say anywhere, I mean anywhere. Ever heard of those people who see jesus in the eagle nebula?

No.  Raelians?

Idem

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 05:19:29 AM

That is gorgeous.

No.  Raelians?
:potd:

Deepthroat Chopra

That hardly explains that time the Virgin Mary appeared on the walls of a Chicago underpass!

C'mon Poindexter - I'm sure you know all about what caused that one!
Chainsaw-Wielding Fistula Detector

B_M_W

Quote from: Deepthroat Chopra on May 15, 2007, 05:26:49 AM
That hardly explains that time the Virgin Mary appeared on the walls of a Chicago underpass!

Mold discoloring and active imagination paired with recognition.

-50 for calling me pointdexter.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Deepthroat Chopra on May 15, 2007, 05:26:49 AM

And don't call BMW names, please.  Only warning.

B_M_W

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 05:19:29 AM

That is gorgeous.

No.  Raelians?

Actually, no (though it makes perfect sense). When hubble first released the Eagle nebula picture, CNN showed it, and lots of people called in to say they saw stuff in it, including the face of jesus.

Thats the image in contrast. Now, I as much as any other person can recognize a face in that if we are told someone saw a face there.

But for the life of me, I can't see a face in an image that is non contrasted and slightly zoomed out.

Our minds work in bizzare ways. A normal person might just see patterns and think it fun, and know its just made up. But a religious person would immediatly picture what the WANT to see, and see jesus in the nebula, or the virgin on a chicago subway wall. Thats how our minds trick us; its also how we recognize faces so well.

cyberus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 04:58:32 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 04:56:46 AM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on May 15, 2007, 04:48:52 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 04:40:59 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 04:38:46 AM

Easy.  But, don't delete your rant pls.

QuoteResearchers at the Maharishi School of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, found that meditation has a pervasive effect on stress. They looked at a group of people who had meditated for four months and found that they produced less of the stress hormone cortisol.

Source

How many times has this been verified?

And...

"Maharishi School of Management"?

I could dig up sources showing that meditation has a positive effect on stress. I could also dig up sources that show tibetan monks having the physiologic ability to increase their body temperature to the point where they can dry freezing wet robes draped over them.

Neither of those things have to do with religion though, and certainly nothing paranormal. Its all very powerful psychosomatic responce. Very interesting, and very useful, and also very physical in its evidence. No paranormal shit here.

Paranormal ≠ spiritual.

Paranormal = religion.

I think it's an important distinction.

Hey...how did you get the not-equals sign? Alt + what?

Rog-

http://www.indesigncentral.com/i/SpecialSymbolsShortcuts.pdf

Not equal to doesn't have a windows alt+ shortcut.
The bun-sellers or cake-makers were in nothing inclinable to their request; but,which was worse,did injure them most outrageously,called them prattling gabblers,lickorous gluttons,freckled bittors,mangy rascals,shite-a-bed scoundrels,drunken roysters,sly knaves,drowsy loiterers,slapsauce fellows,slabberdegullion druggels,lubberly louts,cozening foxes,ruffian rogues,paltry customers,sycophant-varlets,drawlatch hoydens,flouting milksops,jeering companions,staring clowns,forlorn snakes,ninny lobcocks,scurvy sneaksbies,fondling fops,base loons,saucy coxcombs,idle lusks,scoffing braggarts,noddy meacocks,blockish grutnols,doddipol-joltheads,jobbernol goosecaps,foolish loggerheads,flutch calf-lollies,grouthead gnat-snappers,lob-dotterels,gaping changelings,codshead loobies,woodcock slangams,ninny-hammer flycatchers,noddypeak simpletons,turdy gut,shitten shepherds,and other suchlike defamatory epithets; saying further,that it was not for them to eat of these dainty cakes...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: cyberus on May 15, 2007, 05:56:50 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 04:58:32 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 04:56:46 AM
Quote from: Buddhist_Monk_Wannabe on May 15, 2007, 04:48:52 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 15, 2007, 04:40:59 AM
Quote from: Netaungrot on May 15, 2007, 04:38:46 AM

Easy.  But, don't delete your rant pls.

QuoteResearchers at the Maharishi School of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, found that meditation has a pervasive effect on stress. They looked at a group of people who had meditated for four months and found that they produced less of the stress hormone cortisol.

Source

How many times has this been verified?

And...

"Maharishi School of Management"?

I could dig up sources showing that meditation has a positive effect on stress. I could also dig up sources that show tibetan monks having the physiologic ability to increase their body temperature to the point where they can dry freezing wet robes draped over them.

Neither of those things have to do with religion though, and certainly nothing paranormal. Its all very powerful psychosomatic responce. Very interesting, and very useful, and also very physical in its evidence. No paranormal shit here.

Paranormal ≠ spiritual.

Paranormal = religion.

I think it's an important distinction.

Hey...how did you get the not-equals sign? Alt + what?

Rog-

http://www.indesigncentral.com/i/SpecialSymbolsShortcuts.pdf

Not equal to doesn't have a windows alt+ shortcut.

Thank you.