News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

It's pronounced EE-RIS.

Started by Shit, May 19, 2007, 08:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

IN YOUR FACE!

Also, I tend to agree.  Very similar to Badger, I always pronounced it that way and was never called out on it by my Classical studies professors.  Of course, Eris didn't come up much, but I managed to sneak her into a few discussions.

hooplala

Me too, 'cept I didn't never get to go to no school, so I don't no as much as you all.

But I sure do like talking with the smarts peoples!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nast

Well, I should think that the true ancient pronunciation wouldn't affect in away how we pronounce it. We aren't speaking Classical Greek, after all.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

nostalgicBadger

meh.

Cain

Ancient Greekfags, unite!

Wait, that came out wrong...

Nast

Doing lewd things to wine jugs ITT

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

:lol:

also,

"prince-sea-pee-uh"

"ear-is"

except with a thick dutch accent.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Mourning Star

I pronounce it "ohhh...nearly naked goddess with an apple" *fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

Jasper

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

The Lady has got it going on, it must be admitted.

Edit: Even more than Stacy's mom.

hooplala

That video makes me strangely uncomfortable.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mourning Star

Quote from: Hoopla on February 15, 2008, 03:20:17 AM
That video makes me strangely uncomfortable.

What video?

I think you put this reply in the wrong thread...