News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Core Themes of Discordia

Started by Cramulus, May 22, 2007, 05:39:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Well, you know the reason for my PM now... 8)

Hunter and RWHN know the territory...LMNO is far more reasonable than me when confronted with stupidity (I deal with intelligent yet stupid people every day) and we have previous experience of tag-teaming on other forums.

I'm sure as we entrench ourselves more, it will be easy for more of PD.com to enter without comment.  Percieved invasions always get people defensive, so over a period of days works best.

But since this  is well over a month away, its probably not worth considering too much detail in advance, except to see who is interested.

Shinigami715

Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2007, 12:53:34 AM

Hunter and RWHN know the territory...LMNO is far more reasonable than me when confronted with stupidity (I deal with intelligent yet stupid people every day) and we have previous experience of tag-teaming on other forums.

I'm sure as we entrench ourselves more, it will be easy for more of PD.com to enter without comment.  Percieved invasions always get people defensive, so over a period of days works best.

Eh, MySpace has nowhere NEAR the solidarity of other... 'forums'. Besides, the kind of Discordians that reside there seem to have no concept of "threat".

Sad for them, but all the better for us.

Cain

Valid points, but I would still err on the side of caution until I had a proper feel for the place.  I suspect if extra troops filtered in even a couple of days later, it would not raise any warning flags, but like I said, cautious by nature...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2007, 02:11:17 AM
Valid points, but I would still err on the side of caution until I had a proper feel for the place.  I suspect if extra troops filtered in even a couple of days later, it would not raise any warning flags, but like I said, cautious by nature...

All the more reason to have a list for friending nowish...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: Ratatosk on August 20, 2007, 10:40:33 PM
Quote from: triple zero on August 20, 2007, 09:22:58 PM
i don't remember "suffusion of yellow", and i must have read THHGTTG at least 7 times (yes, all 5,6 parts of the trilogy)

Every Discordian should read DA's "Dirk Gently: Holistic Detective Agency" series. "A Suffusion of Yellow" is the I-Ching calculator response to every equation that Dirk types into it. Also, there is Thor and Odin and someone's head on a record player (Second book "Long Dark Tea Time of The Soul").

i read it, once (maybe twice). i got the book. i didnt find dirk gently that good, a littlebit vague and confusing.

my biggest problem is that the stories never seem to come to a conclusion or ending.

especially the third part, published in the Salmon of Doubt (a good read, got some interesting collected bits, i can recommend), which isn't even finished cause the writer died :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on August 21, 2007, 12:53:34 AM

But since this  is well over a month away, its probably not worth considering too much detail in advance, except to see who is interested.

I try to avoid MySpace as much as possible, so I'm not sure I know all the ins and outs... are there forums there, or is it just leaving comments on each others' pages?

AFK

Well there are basically two kinds of forums over there.  There are the actual MySpace forums that have a variety of topics from music to religion and philosophy to politics, etc., etc.

Then there are the Groups.  From what I can tell there are about half a dozen or so Discordian groups.  There's really only one or two that are active.  Hunter and I have been hanging out there, but honestly it's so slow over there I generally only post once a day. 

But yeah, they're deep into the mystical 23, Fnord, flax stuff.  They get all giddy when they see Eris in a Billy and Mandy cartoon. 

Although, Grampa Kaos hangs out there too so there are a couple of level headed people over there, but he is in the minority. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Dare I ask for a link, or even a... *gulp*... invite?

AFK

You don't need an invite.  The three I'm in are "Discordianism", "Discordian Cabal", and "Discordians".  The first one seems to be the most active though it seems like the same dozen or so users visit them all.  I'm me and Hunter isn't "Hunter" over there but I think you'll be able to easily figure out which on he is.   :D

Anyhow, you don't need an invite.  You just click the Join button or whatever it was and you're in. 

LMNO

Ah, crap.  So it's easy, then.

I may have to make an alt account.

Cramulus

dude after you make a myspace account
PREPARE TO GET LAID 100 TIMES

LMNO

I don't think my wife likes MySpace that much.

AFK

Yeah, I haven't noticed any increase in sexual activity.  Perhaps Hunter has been getting all of my action. 

hunter s.durden

I humped every piece of ass ever on that website.
This space for rent.

Cramulus

Last I checked, I was your only friend    8)