News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Inverse Orbital Bombing

Started by LHX, May 24, 2007, 10:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Discord

Jasper

Quote from: Discord on May 25, 2007, 03:04:23 PM
Its naive to think you can open kids eys with some threads.
They prbly come here for the lulz, spam some shit and leave farewell.
The only way you might be able to get some sense in their heads would be personal contact.
So it would be a better start to encourage PD members and others to think about that.
Start with relatives and shit.
Spread the word.

And keep roger away from the innocent children.

What's naive is giving in to apathy and thinking you've made a smart move. 
Most people who read forums are looking for ideas or discussion.
Personal contact is superior for communication, but inferior for reaching the right people efficiently.
It is never too early or un-worthwhile to teach self-respect.
What word are we spreading?  I spread confusion and encourage independence.
Start with the first fucker you come across, and don't stop until they kill you.

Personally, I would be a much cooler kid if I had some Roger exposure as an "innocent child".

Just saying.

Darth Cupcake

Felix, I raise my glass to you. Nicely put.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Discord

You made a point.
But still, most ppl dont spend to much thoughts on what they read in forums. Sure, there are exceptions fex the PD forum, but even here, there are just a hand full of ppl active.

QuoteStart with the first fucker you come across, and don't stop until they kill you.

thats what i do, with all the ppl i come across. But i find it hard to do that in forums, or chats, especially when the used language is english - or scottish  :lulz:

QuotePersonal contact is superior for communication, but inferior for reaching the right people efficiently.

Who are the right people? And what is efficient?
You will reach much more people, thats for sure.

Jasper

I can shout my guts up in a public marketplace and get funny looks, or I can shout my guts up on an internet forum and actually have people approach me with relevant ideas.

That's efficiency.

The Good Reverend Roger

The only way you might be able to get some sense in their heads would be personal contact.
So it would be a better start to encourage PD members and others to think about that.
Spread the word.

What he said.

I've started haranguing the people I pull over about "Bob".
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: Felix on May 25, 2007, 09:00:43 PM
Spread the word.

Most people who read forums are looking for ideas or discussion.
Personal contact is superior for communication, but inferior for reaching the right people efficiently.
It is never too early or un-worthwhile to teach self-respect.
What word are we spreading?  I spread confusion and encourage independence.
Start with the first fucker you come across, and don't stop until they kill you.

Personally, I would be a much cooler kid if I had some Roger exposure as an "innocent child".

Just saying.

Sure beats just giving up and saying it won't work.

LHX

srsly tho - what is more enjoyable than watching things grow strong?

there is a reason why blowing a load feels so good
neat hell

Discord

hmmm i guess if it works RL it should be working here as well, at least a bit.
So why not give it a try.
thx guys.

Triple Zero

yeah seriously. discordians are supposed to be good in introspection/htinking/observing what happens right?

well, just plunge in and get to it! if it turns out not to work, stop.

's better than just sit and argue "nah not worth it".

but you sort of have, right? i mean you were 17 when you joined these forums or not?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

faust

there is no way most kids would hang around here, put simply despite the fun stuff, it would be too boring.
I used to do this on gaia, when I found out I was really good at getting people talking, I used to help em though issues and shit.
then I stopped because they were all so needy and would IM me constantly, the moment I would come on.

Jasper

Quote from: triple zero on May 26, 2007, 02:31:38 PM

yeah seriously. discordians are supposed to be good in introspection/htinking/observing what happens right?

well, just plunge in and get to it! if it turns out not to work, stop.

's better than just sit and argue "nah not worth it".

but you sort of have, right? i mean you were 17 when you joined these forums or not?

True, but I was away for two of those years in between.