News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Dead thread - posted in error

Started by Bogus Magus, June 05, 2007, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bogus Magus

[I am editing my agent provocateur posts, but I'll leave this as a sample, otherwise it will look as though I did nothing to deserve it]
:)
Hey can,Äôt you read?  It says ,ÄúNOOBS ONLY,Äù on the door. I wanted this thread to be a place where fellow nOObs could feel safe to speak up with their first 50 posts (ah that's the secret number). After all, I can,Äôt surprise or astonish any of you with something original until I have read your 230,000+ fascinating posts (and then some) to find out what,Äôs been already said, and what you know. Could take me a while. You mean I can,Äôt speak until I,Äôve read the whole damned forum? Fuck that.  And no, LMNO I haven't been lurking here, I just dropped by a day or so ago, after putting a link to yer excellent version of Principia Discordia on the OM blog. Decided to check out the forum, to see if I should link to that, too.

So either rejoin with a new avatar and a fresh start, delete yer posts down to less than 50 (if that resets yer title to nOOb) or fuck off, all of you. (It,Äôs fun this not being polite to strangers, isn,Äôt it, but I,Äôd find it boring after a while.) Oh, wait, I already find it boring after ten seconds.

Oh, did I miss the irony of you all steaming in here like the nightmare Tibetan Demon guard dogs of my imagination? 

You did it to prove my point? Ah, thanks, then.

Meanwhile, fellow new members, if yer lurking,Ķyou could just PM me, and we could keep it quiet until we know the place.
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down     "Tubthumpin" – Chumbawamba

LMNO

Actually, it's becoming pretty clear.

He's probably a long-time RAW fan, and has absorbed a lot of his stuff-- If I recall, he's even part of the Maybe Logic academy.

In terms of Discordia, he can be considered Old School.

So, he wanders over to Principia Discordia, and sees a bunch of (to him) kids, and he gets (auto generated) labeled a noob, and he gets upset because they're being rude, and are far more caustic and cynical and sardonic than he was expecting, and he notices that we don't have much outright respect for RAW.

So, he calls us on it, and we respond in kind.

I have a feeling that he didn't notice that many of us already learned a lot of the RAW stuff, and went somewhere else with it.  So, when he comes at us with E-Prime, and Maybe Logic, and the PD, he's not really telling us anything new.

Suu

He linked to the Maybe Logic blog in his profile, so that's pretty obvious.

But hell, apparently this noob can teach us a thing or two about some of the 'ould wayes' and we can educate him on our 'advanced' Discordianism.

...Or we can refer him to MW so he can be a path guide.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bogus Magus

Sheeit! Talking about me as though I'm not here!

What are you?  Scientologists?
I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down     "Tubthumpin" – Chumbawamba

LMNO

Oh!  Sorry.

Hi!  How you doing?

Darth Cupcake

OTHER NOOB

PLZ TO BE NOT GIVING US NEWBLETS A BAD NAME KTHX

-DC
was newbsauce, remains newbsauce, doesn't feel the need to bring the self-indulgent toolbox to every waking minute of life
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Bogus Magus

Fine, LMNO, I live out here - just came for a wander around after spending far too much time on ONE FORUM. You know how it is.   :evil:

Easily done. I outpost people all the time...(I work online, and play online) but have only got up to about 500 posts, not thousands, and I already think I should knock it off and go write a book!

I just wanted to mingle with people really new here - seemed like a simple enough thought - but I guess my usual provocative approach sets people off. Or are you all very bored?

Suu

Quote from: Bogus Magus on June 05, 2007, 02:31:01 PM
Sheeit! Talking about me as though I'm not here!

What are you?  Scientologists?

HEY LMNO'S BROTHER IS A SCIENTOLOGIST YOU NOOB! HOW DARE YOU INSULT US SO?!

LMNO

Quote from: Bogus Magus on June 05, 2007, 02:38:35 PM
Fine, I live out here - just came for a wander around after spending far too much time on ONE FORUM.

Easily done. I outpost people all the time...but have only got up to about 500 posts, not thousands, and I already think I should knock it off and go write a book!

Well, I post ion about 4-5 forums, so I don't think I have a probelm there.

So, what were you expecting when you registered here?

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on June 05, 2007, 02:40:21 PM
Quote from: Bogus Magus on June 05, 2007, 02:38:35 PM
Fine, I live out here - just came for a wander around after spending far too much time on ONE FORUM.

Easily done. I outpost people all the time...but have only got up to about 500 posts, not thousands, and I already think I should knock it off and go write a book!

Well, I post ion about 4-5 forums, so I don't think I have a probelm there.

So, what were you expecting when you registered here?

He wanted hugz and lovez from Discordians.

LMNO

STFU, and let him answer.

LMNO
-trying to be fair, see?

Suu

Don't tell me to STFU! I HAVE A RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH ON THIS BOARD!

LMNO

Quote from: Kaou Suu on June 05, 2007, 02:43:24 PM
Don't tell me to STFU! I HAVE A RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH ON THIS BOARD!

Quote from: Bogus Magus on June 05, 2007, 02:43:52 PM
heh

I just wanted to drop the E-Prime (self-discipline) and the politeness (respect) for a day or two.

Poifect place, here, it seems!

Well, you're welcome to do so, if'n you want.

Hey.... if you were looking to drop the politeness, why did you complain when you didn't get any?

Cain

Incidentally, I was going to give a serious answer, but I can't be bothered.  Long posts do not mix well with library PCs.