News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Hello, I am a Christian Discordian

Started by imposter, June 07, 2007, 08:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mourning Star

Quote from: I Am Not A Rhombus on October 11, 2007, 01:12:58 AM
Quote from: PopeTom on October 09, 2007, 11:31:04 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 09, 2007, 06:04:30 PM
A definitive and unshaking beleif that there is no God is just as religous as a definitive and unshaking belief that there is a God.

While there are Atheists who hold an unshakable belief that there is no God(s) Richard Dawkins is not one of them.

Have you read The God Delusion?  I need to get my copy back from Forest, but you are welcome to borrow it when I do.

Yeah, people get the wrong idea about Dawkins. While I disagree with him on some things I still respect him for being outspoken. It's purely because he's outspoken that he gets thrown in the "Atheist loon" pile. I feel the same thing would have happened to Michael Moore regardless of the quality/accuracy of his movies. People are sickeningly apathetic and don't want to be told to care about things unless it can be presented to them in the most official and systematic way possible; which gives us a problem since some things can't be presented in that way at all; like say "Think for yourself". People just demonise the outspoken these days.

Honestly; who is more likely to be banned from a forum; a genuine malevolant troll, or someone who's not taking shit on a particular issue?

The person not taking shit is more likely to be BRANDED as a troll and expunged.

I think I may have been wrong about you noob.

Welcome.

**EDIT**
*It appears I was in fact, NOT wrong about the noob.*
**/EDIT**

I Am Not A Rhombus

Yeah, people have no idea what a troll actually is anymore. It's amazing how much the recent corruption of online forums has just changed definitions entirely.

There are two kind of troll though, sad little homophobic kids fucking around with people for sadism, and people generally doing it to people who deserve it to the lulz.

I'd sometimes fall into the latter, but it's obvious when I'm doing so. I use a name like "Spacious Bathroom" or "SilverShadowfan2k7" or something.

Cain

I often frequent sites where the definition is "you disagree with the majority of the people there".  Which is why its so refreshing to come here, or go to FFC etc

I Am Not A Rhombus

Almost nowhere where ANYONE agrees with me.

I hold that "My board, my rules" is a bunch of nonsense since it doesn't excuse the fact that from a Utilitarian perspective, there is an alternate board moderator admin guy who made a fairer, more intelligent decision, and that boards don't exist in a vacuum; and often are the only board of it's type and attempts to set up an alternative tend to fail; not to mention the arrogance in thinking you can "Own" social interactions.

I just hate how "Simple" people are. They don't see to be able to look at the larger scale, see how things flow into each other and how what one person does somewhere can actually affect someone even if it's just the "Intarwebs".

Cain

God King complex.  I recently wrote on that, from a trolling and IRL perspective.  Nothing more than honourless scumbags who want to abuse their power.

The problem is, of course, that so many people buy into their arguments without thinking.

I Am Not A Rhombus

Yes. You're a nut for thinking you can "tell people what to do" with their "private property". But their private property is affecting others! Argh. They're not giving us a gift, if they weren't running that forum someone better might.

matragon

Quote from: imposter on June 07, 2007, 08:32:26 AM
Unfortunately, that's not true. But... is it possible?

Probably Jesus was one of the first discordian on this PLANET.
But there is a big difference between Jesus Christ (a person) and today's Christianism.
I'm discordian since I remember, but I know many people who was Christians (or something like that) and now they're discordians (or something like that) :)

So - don't worry ... and remember :

"When in doubt - fuck it
When not in doubt ... get in doubt !" (old poee slogan)
matragon - The Polyfather of Polish Cabal of Chaos
leader of PiKANTiK (Pikantik Omnimusic Erisian Energy)

,,The mind is like a parachute - it works better when it's open" (Allan K. Neal)

Messier Undertree

Quote from: I Am Not A Rhombus on October 11, 2007, 04:51:49 PM
You're a nut for thinking you can "tell people what to do" with their "private property"

FILTHY REACTIONARY

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: I Am Not A Rhombus on October 11, 2007, 03:42:21 PM
Almost nowhere where ANYONE agrees with me.

I hold that "My board, my rules" is a bunch of nonsense since it doesn't excuse the fact that from a Utilitarian perspective, there is an alternate board moderator admin guy who made a fairer, more intelligent decision, and that boards don't exist in a vacuum; and often are the only board of it's type and attempts to set up an alternative tend to fail; not to mention the arrogance in thinking you can "Own" social interactions.

I just hate how "Simple" people are. They don't see to be able to look at the larger scale, see how things flow into each other and how what one person does somewhere can actually affect someone even if it's just the "Intarwebs".

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

guest7654

Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2007, 03:34:32 PM
I often frequent sites where the definition is "you disagree with the majority of the people there".  Which is why its so refreshing to come here, or go to FFC etc

First Family Church?

Cain

Quote from: rzasthole on October 20, 2007, 03:11:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 11, 2007, 03:34:32 PM

First Family Church?

Sadly no.

DiscussAnything, AboveTopSecret (I've pissed off the right, the left, the sceptics, the believers, the Christians and the Atheists so far), the sadly defunct Chavscum and, most recently, GovTeen (made up stories in the puberty forum ftw!)

The Commander

If Jesus was Jewish...why does he have a Puerto Rican name?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Commander on November 16, 2007, 10:58:07 AM

The Commander
DIA

Where the fuck have YOU been?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mourning Star

Quote from: The Commander on November 16, 2007, 10:58:07 AM

The Commander
DIA

One theory...

The Commander

Secret mission.   I have infiltrated the highest level of government.  In a few months I will be in position to ask the President to pass the ketchup.

The Commander DIA
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency