News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

3 Dimensional thinking.

Started by Adios, June 12, 2007, 07:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Natural ebb and flow. That is the ideal model.

Jenne

Also, if said asshat, or Discordian Saint rather, has a "natural" fluidity...what if it is truly the result of natural disaster?

Doesn't that mean it has less to do with said person and more to do with the natural order of chaos itself?  If there IS such a thing?

Adios

Interesting side line. Instead of saying the person is a result of a natural disaster, say instead the natural disaster is the result of the free radical. As far as it having less to do with the person and more to do with the natural order of chaos (interesting phrase there) we have some control (weak terminology) over how we allow ourselves to act and think. And the intent of all of this is the 'Free Radical' thinking, and how to make it a habit. Without allowing it to become a rote habit.

Iron Sulfide

sounds like the basics of chaosophy so far, with chemist terms.

what's the target audience for this? is free-radical indended for
"us" or for "them"? is it meant as a reminder to the people who are
working on this project, or is it intended for the people we are
trying to 'reach around' to?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Adios

I think it's for us, if we can achieve this kind of thought then our possibilities expand expotentially. The BIP has shown us we are our own prisoners, and the general thinking is shown correctly that there is no escape. Have you ever secretly wondered if some of the clinically insane really don't have the right idea? And again, the idea is still in the formation stage, that's why I am seeking feedback. There is in the back of my mind a niggling little itch that this could open previously closed doors. If we as a group become stale our effectiveness is essentially over.

Or this could simply be the ramblings of a madman who isn't aware he is mad yet.

But in all honesty deep inside I feel there are some things that are going to come from this if we all poke at it long enough. This is the brightest bunch of people in such a small and tight group, and often we act as a think tank. What I guess I am really proposing is an entire new way of thinking that will flood us all with new ideas and directions. Don't get me wrong, it's not about reinventing the wheel, but deciding if the wheel is even necessary.

Rambling = thinking out loud as I go.

B_M_W

Quote from: Jenne on June 12, 2007, 07:15:32 PM
Ha, holy shit.  I just looked up free radicals in wiki.  Interesting stuff.  I learned about chemistry so long ago...I needed a brush-up.

So the molecular, chemical free radicals are subject to chemical processes and combustion because of their highly reactive nature.  That is very usable as an attribute in the BIP.

Also, the biological aspect is also interesting:  radicals are necessary to kill bacteria, by using our granucellular neutrophils (this, by the way, is the thing my husband's blood has been lacking this whole time, the ability to destroy bacteria through the use of neutrophils--he just didn't have many left over from the auto-immune process his body decided to "freely" engage in).

The above biological process reminds me of when you have the sludge of society's impingements upon your freedoms, your idiosyncracies...even online communities ilke this one.  Engaging your immune system's responses to these things can mean destroying the bit of thinking you have that prevents you from unenslaved thinking/thought processes.

Of course, too much of this can cause a cancer--a mutation that makes you go the OTHER way...because even though too much of a good thing is better than not enough, it's still, welll, too much.

They're useful molecules, indeed important, but there are seldom too few of them. High energy molecules tend to do havoc upon biological systems, the very reason why neutrophiles are so effective in your immune system. In photosynthesis, photons from sunlight energize electrons and are then held in carbohydrates for use by the rest of the plant. In metabolism, it works backwards, the electron is traded from Glucose and other metabolites to create ATP, and then the still excited electron is placed on a water molecule. During the whole process the electron is not allowed to be let loose, because of the damage that high energy particles can do. A free radical is just a molecule that has one of those high energy electrons, and it too can screw with other molecules if its not controlled. Thus, moderation is good, for fighting infection, for energy, and such, but lots are gonna change the shape of proteins, DNA and other cell structures. True, the body has repair mechanisms to combat such actions, but it can be difficult to keep up. Thus, over time, shit happens, we age, become cancerous, and otherwise. Radiation is just high energy particles, same idea.

I'm pretty sure thats how everything is going on.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

Richter

A few thoughts on this that I've mulled over for awhile, much inspired by prev. posts:
-In any system (social, chemical, governmental), you can predict the result of a reaction if you are aware of, and can predict all the factors affecting it. (ie: putting an ice cube tray full of water in the freezer.)

-With systems of greater complexity, prediction takes greater ammounts of precision and energy to predict and comprehend.  Complexity and size of the system will also allow the mintuest factor to have a greater effect.  (ie: You don't know the freezer was unplugged by your roomate.)

-Some factors will never be observable, or efficient to observe.  So, a certain inexactitude must be accepted. (ie: you can't watch your roomate all the time, jsut for the sake of ice cubes.)

-Understanding and developing of any system can be developed both by methodical process and study of the unexpected / unknowable.  Both can reveal valid points. (ie: Scientific discoveries by accidents in the past.)

This could show us that there are several ways to gain insight on any situation, (recognizing patterns / thoughts / etc.) that keep you imprisoned), as well as accepting a certain amount of inexactitude (risk, chaos?, etc).
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Adios

It's been a pretty rough couple of weeks. Today I admitted to myself I have a drinking problem. As soon as my head clears, maybe a couple of days, I will try to organize this into a workable model. Sorry for the delay.

Iron Sulfide

what problem do you have with drinking?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Torodung

Quote from: Hawk on June 27, 2007, 07:56:22 PM
It's been a pretty rough couple of weeks. Today I admitted to myself I have a drinking problem. As soon as my head clears, maybe a couple of days, I will try to organize this into a workable model. Sorry for the delay.
If you have a "problem" with drinking, it may be because you're trying to shut something down with it.

There are a lot of people who do things to themselves to shut down what is perceived by society to be "wrong." There is nothing *wrong* with you. There is no reason to shut it up.

Or there is, and they have hospitals for that sort of thing where Punch and Judy will try to help you.

The hospital is a better choice than the bottle in that case, IMHO.

I like your bit (the original post), but it strikes me as a whole lot of circular semantics. You need to tighten it up a bit. If you are going to use a metaphor of chemistry ("Free radical") then it might be best to stick to chemistry as the consistent metaphor. If you want the metaphor to be all over the place, it is best to *choose* to be all over the place.

This seems more random, perhaps I am mistaken.

I love the bit about television. We are constantly looking "into" a two-dimensional pane. That's a paradox and an illusion. It's a great metaphor for real life, where we "see" three dimensions, but are looking into something much greater.

N00b out.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Adios

Quote from: Prater Festwo on June 27, 2007, 09:07:54 PM

I have an incurable disease that the pain of which is compared to the final stages of a cancer patient, and I drink to help bury it.

Torodung

Quote from: Hawk on June 28, 2007, 05:10:59 AM
Quote from: Prater Festwo on June 27, 2007, 09:07:54 PM

I have an incurable disease that the pain of which is compared to the final stages of a cancer patient, and I drink to help bury it.
Then I think drinking is not your problem. There's no shame in self-medication.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

Payne

I think Hawk is doing the right thing, not knowing of the circumstances.

A problem is STILL a problem if you deem it so.

If he thinks he has a problem, he should get it sorted, by any and all means, if he so wishes.

Good luck dude.

Discord

I don't think he needs luck, but it will help.

best wishes to you dude.

Adios

Thanks. I am cutting down from a half gallon of straight whiskey every 2 or 3 days. And I never drink during working hours. So I'm probably not an alcoholic, but it isn't far from it either. The bad thing about it all is the shakes and disoriented feeling every morning. Heh, and my disease is Interstitial Cystitis, a bladder disease. Fucking brilliant.