News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

fatherhood

Started by LHX, June 25, 2007, 05:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

if you make a child grow in a woman's belly, make arrangements

failure to nurture a seed that you plant will result in negative repercussions for yourself personally

it is prolly best to approach the situation as a team

respect the woman

do what you can to provide a fertile environment that will allow everybody involved to thrive
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX on June 25, 2007, 05:20:08 AM

failure to nurture a seed that you plant will result in negative repercussions for yourself personally

respect the woman

do what you can to provide a fertile environment that will allow everybody involved to thrive

Kicking her in the gut is NOT an acceptable alternative.  Unless you live in Kentucky or Tennessee.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

respect the woman

well said.  For when a child is thrust into an environment that is a giant ball of stress, suck, and fail, then that child has already been presented with a Mt. Everest to climb. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Lamanite

respect the woman

I perfer a team of women, but women aren't always team players.

LMNO

LDS, ITT.

I think I'll start calling you "Mitt".

Payne

PopeTom

Quote from: LMNO on June 26, 2007, 02:57:50 PM
LDS, ITT.

I think I'll start calling you "Mitt".

Like a catcher's mitt?
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

hunter s.durden

LDS = Latter Day Saints

Mitt = Romney
This space for rent.

PopeTom

Yes, I know.

I just find catcher's mitts a whole lot more funny them my former governor.
-PopeTom

I am the result of 13.75 ± 0.13 billion years of random chance. Now that I exist I see no reason to start planning and organizing everything in my life.

Random dumb luck got me here, random dumb luck will get me to where I'm going.

Hail Eris!

Torodung

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 25, 2007, 02:23:41 PM
well said.  For when a child is thrust into an environment that is a giant ball of stress, suck, and fail, then that child has already been presented with a Mt. Everest to climb. 
Hmm. What planet do you live on? I live on a giant ball of stress.

Stress is life. If there is no stress, you have died.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

AFK

Quote from: Torodung on June 27, 2007, 09:32:20 PM

Umm, I said a "giant ball of stress, suck and fail,"  Yes, of course, there is always stress.  I'm talking about when a child is thrust into an environment that is beyond the base-level stress, combined with suck and fail which would be bad parents and a bad home environment.  There is a difference between the sort of stress that is caused by not being able to tie one's shoe and, "oh no if I drop the spoon again my Mommy's gonna beat the crap out of me." 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Torodung

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 27, 2007, 09:39:12 PM

Umm, I said a "giant ball of stress, suck and fail,"  Yes, of course, there is always stress.  I'm talking about when a child is thrust into an environment that is beyond the base-level stress, combined with suck and fail which would be bad parents and a bad home environment.  There is a difference between the sort of stress that is caused by not being able to tie one's shoe and, "oh no if I drop the spoon again my Mommy's gonna beat the crap out of me." 
Hmm. I recognize no such difference. How do you determine "base-level stress?" Should people who live (for example) in Iraq or the occupied West Bank/Gaza never father children, in your opinion?

If the worst thing that ever happened to you is not being able to tie your shoe, that's a significant, perhaps crippling, stressor.

Conversely, when a small child gets a tiny little cut, what would be a meaningless scratch to an adult, the stress level is similar to an adult getting a very deep one that requires stitches.

When someone screams, and tells you they are in pain, never fret about degree, or what it may seem. Those are your illusions. Most people do not lie about these sorts of things. You have to believe in the pain.

I'm not going to be a dick and say that therefore it's a good idea to beat your children so the "little things" won't hurt them as badly, however. I agree that a parent must provide some level of consistency, however, that consistency is a lie as sure as Santa Claus.

As a parent, I see it as my job to provide enough truth so as not to cripple my children, and enough lies so that they may have a chance of surviving the truth.

It is not an easy job, and it is absolutely one that takes planning and arrangement.
The only choice you're given is how best to burn
BURN BRIGHTLY

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Lamanite on June 26, 2007, 02:46:46 PM

respect the woman

I perfer a team of women, but women aren't always team players.

Shut up.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

You lack Slack,Ñ¢, Jack.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Torodung on June 27, 2007, 11:00:26 PM

Hmm. I recognize no such difference. How do you determine "base-level stress?" Should people who live (for example) in Iraq or the occupied West Bank/Gaza never father children, in your opinion?

No humans ANYWHERE should father children.

Fucking humans!