News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

Anti Music/Structureless Sound/Total Noise Bliss

Started by Frenzied Destruction, June 26, 2007, 03:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

tape?

plug it straight into your laptop, hit a few quick after effects (the automatic EQ stuff) and save to mp3!

edit: yeah what LMNO said. i in fact have no experience with this, but that's how i'd do it.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Yeah, I'm a little behind the times, I know.  Although, I've gotta say, I was recently in my local music show and the 4-track tape machine I use hasn't really come down in price much at all.  I was quite surprised.  I'm still learning the ropes with the digital recording.  Right now it seems like such a hassle because I don't really feel like I know what I'm doing, where with the tape machine, I just plug and play. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Analog machines are still popular to get analog tape compression/distortion.  Still, digital is a lot easier.

AFK

Yeah, I just gotta get more savy with it.  I also need a better recording arrangement.  Right now the computer is upstairs and the gear is downstairs.  But, I think I'll be using the digital more after I get my new shipment of instruments.  By the weeks end I should be in the possession of a slide whistle, melodica, harmonica, and a kalimba.  I can just plug in my mic and go, go, go.   :D

Triple Zero

.. and if it's your girl playing, just capture it any way you can, use your phone if nothing else is at hand
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

Don't have a cell phone, let alone one that records audio.  (I'm a bit behind the times technologically speaking)

But, next time I'll be sure to have the tape machine plugged in and loaded to go.  And I of course will post the results.   :D

Triple Zero

Forteetu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 10, 2007, 05:59:54 PM
Yeah, I just gotta get more savy with it.  I also need a better recording arrangement.  Right now the computer is upstairs and the gear is downstairs.  But, I think I'll be using the digital more after I get my new shipment of instruments.  By the weeks end I should be in the possession of a slide whistle, melodica, harmonica, and a kalimba.  I can just plug in my mic and go, go, go.   :D

The software is the bitchy part. All the hardware is easily setup and reasonable. A couple months ago, we picked up a LINE 6 USB recording deck, very handy and only about AUS$300. My girl is doing her latest CD release. With this one, a couple hours in a studio for a full mic'd up drum kit and all the rest is being done at home.

Sharing the computer room with her, I'm glad she opted for the studio to do the drum kit.
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

AFK

yeah, that's really what I need.  I should trade the tape deck in for something like that.  It would make it all so much easier. 

Forteetu

WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

Subtract Eight!

eh, noise music has its place as all music does.

idk

im not really into it but i get it, its pretty cool i guess
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

Subtract Eight!

Quote from: LMNO on July 03, 2007, 01:38:00 PM
We would play entire sets of that crap.  Ah, the looks we would get.

Imagine, if you will, two hot chicks fiddling around with electronic devices, generating squaling feedback, while some dude in a button-down shirt and tie smacks around a beat-to-shit guitar.

Good times.  Also, we decided to completely fictionalize our history.  We claimed to have been around since the 80s, opening for Sonic Youth, DNA, etc.  We were preported to have personal friends like Arto Lindsay, Thurston Moore, et al.  It was fun.
haha
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on June 26, 2007, 03:29:05 PM
Yeah. Im not doing anything particularily ''unique'' (there is a entire genre of music called harsh noise that is dedicated to sounding like this),However i would like to think that my music embraces the idea that chaos can be just as valuable as structure, if not more.
www.myspace.com/frenzieddestruction

check out the pics section, it has some from my first live show, complete with some guy in a mexican wrestler mask and a umbrella.
Also, does anyone else here make chaos/discordian/anti-music flavored stuff? we should release a net compilation or something.Yeah.hope this doesnt count as spam or advertising or whatever, this seems like a awesome place to post.

I'd like to thank every silly bastard in this thread for making Discordianism look really, really stupid, which means we aren't taken seriously and are therefore able to have more fun at society's expense.

So thanks.  Even if your "music" is a big steaming pile of poomp.

TGRR,
Prefers music by people that know how to play their instruments.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

AFK

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on June 26, 2007, 07:22:26 PM
Quote from: Frenzied Destruction on June 26, 2007, 06:41:04 PMI dont understand how harsh noise can ''piss someone off''

reminds me of--

my Senior year at college, they got Thurston Moore (of Sonic Youth) to headline the school's big spring festival. People were really excited until he played continuous guitar feedback for 45 minutes.

Bump.

I just recorded a 23 minute song, based on BIP stuff, with a lengthy section of feedback and distortion, and I'm dedicating it to you Cram.   :wink:

Rev. St. Syn, KSC (Ret.)

Synaptyclypse Generator Publishing Sect, POEE International Resource Center