News:

Revenge is a dish best served salty, sterile, wet and warm.

Main Menu

Mouse Chao-pades

Started by Forteetu, July 02, 2007, 01:16:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forteetu

I'm sure I'm not the fist to notice, but don't Pinky and the Brain hold a striking resemblance to the Sacred Chao? Pinky, the Eristic, fuck-knuckle and Brain the Aneristic tyrant lost in the curse? Both living in a world so vastly beyond their scope as to make their over exagerated plans and schemes insanely ludicrus.

IMHO ... a brilliant cartoon
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

Triple Zero

pinky and the brain is very funny indeed.

the general scenario you describe, however, is the basic "evil genius + comic relief sidekick" pattern, that is found in other childrens/comedy scripts as well.

"pinky and the brain" is one of the few that completely dedicates an entire show to this pattern, instead of the usual role of secondary characters.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Forteetu

Quote from: triple zero on July 02, 2007, 01:35:49 PM
pinky and the brain is very funny indeed.

the general scenario you describe, however, is the basic "evil genius + comic relief sidekick" pattern, that is found in other childrens/comedy scripts as well.

"pinky and the brain" is one of the few that completely dedicates an entire show to this pattern, instead of the usual role of secondary characters.

Yeh, ok fair enough ... they do represent the tried and true duo of "evil genius and slap stick, side kick" ... I am asserting that this particular cartoon has Discordian ties. I have nothing to base this on and to be quite frank, I have no motivation to scan thru heaps of episodes looking for fnord, 23 and 6 foot tall, stoned cock roach references ... but thought I'd make the point anyway

WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

hunter s.durden

If you're saying that the writers and creators were discordian?
I doubt that.

There's shades of Discordianism everywhere.
This space for rent.

Cramulus

The only shows I can think of that obviously have Discordian writers are Billy and Mandy and the Upright Citizen's Brigade. Oh and PERFECT STRANGERS.

anybody see this episode?

BumWurst

I love ,ÄúPinky and the Brain.,Äù They definitely follow the old model of ,Äúthe Fool and the Fool who is unaware that he is a Fool,,Äù but these models are quite demonstrative, in my crumbly opinion, of the dynamic dance between order and disorder resulting in life, colour and noise, which is not to say that they were necessarily intended to be, merely that these principles can be found all over the place, and ,ÄúPinky and the Brain,Äù is a cute illustration of ,Äòem. The same could be said for the relationship between Invader Zim and his (broken?) robot friend, who I love unconditionally...    :eek:
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

He's not broken! He's Advaaaanced!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

The Littlest Ubermensch

"I find the more I look for the law of fives, the more apparent it is."
(probably mangled the quote, but you get the idea.)
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson