News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Nonbiological Thinking

Started by Cramulus, June 28, 2007, 04:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Pataphoros, SpD

Quote from: Hoopla on May 29, 2008, 09:16:24 PM
Quibbling about spelling is juvenile.  Unless you literally CAN NOT read it because of the spelling, STFU.

I don't understand any of this.  You need to clean it up and make it readable.  Where did you learn to type?  Damn!

In other news, this is a good book to read as an introduction.  Just thinking about the possibilities makes me have a quantum leap in my pants.
-Padre Pataphoros, Bearer of Nine Names, Custodian of the Gate to the Forward Four, The Man Called Nobody, Philosopher of the Eleventeenth Sphere, The Noisy Ninja, Guardian of the Silver Hammer, Patron of the Perpetual Plan B, The Lord High Slacker, [The Secret Name of Power]

Requia ☣

I don't mean to quibble its just annoying when my own browser (which I'm not using right now, so thus the spelling errors I probably have in this post) starts flagging me because of something I'm quoting.  This problem can also be solved by not saying anything I wish to quote.

WTF is E-Prime?

QuoteBy 2015, Intel envisions processors with tens to potentially hundreds of cores per processor die. Those cores will be supporting tens, hundreds, or maybe even thousands of simultaneous execution threads.
Intel is even now researching 3-dimensional (3D) die and wafer stacking technologies, which could move device density from hundreds or thousands of pins, to a million or 10 million connections.

Researching, as in don't have it yet.  The IBM molecular circuit is new to me, though I've seen articles on independant companies with the same thing, the point, however, is that they cant manufacture it yet.  They may never be able to manufacture it as a reasonable price, there are a lot of absolutely wonderful working technologies that never came to market because they couldn't mass produce the results, (see nanodrives).  3D and wafer stacking are also particularly dubious, since they both make venting the heat of the processor very difficult.

As far as the quantum thing goes...

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/03/quantum_computi_1.html
Quote from: Bruce Schneierwhen you add 2+2 on a quantum computer you get the most probable outcome of such an addition - which is okay if you are working in a way such that your spectra is restricted to the integers (2+2=4), and not the reals (2+2=3.99792).

If you must appeal to authority, I'd hope this will do.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.