News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Printing of kopyleft PD matterial

Started by barumunk, March 28, 2008, 08:29:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barumunk

K this is just an idea, but...

the piece i have in mind at the moment is the BIP, but this would apply to all "substanstial" collections produced on this forum or others for that matter, that are kopyleft.

I've found a site that one can submit pdf's to and then they print and distribute the material. kinda self publishing if you will.
I'm going to give it a try with the BIP (version 2 i think) then link to it here.

let me know what you all think.

http://www.lulu.com

[edit]
[ just in case people get the wrong idea, it would obviously not be for profit ]
[ purely for distribution, it would be like +- US$ 5.00 plus postage ]

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

LMNO

barumunk

im just busy making the pdfs etc, so as its properly professional, else i mightn't even bother.
I'll put the link as soon as I've done it, prob by monday.

but you're welcome to comment on the idea in the meantime. ;P

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

LMNO

Sounds interesting.

Link to the distribution site?

barumunk

Quote from: LMNO on March 28, 2008, 01:40:14 PM
Sounds interesting.

Link to the distribution site?

hxxp://www.lulu.com -  we should really make a Discordian-group effort to do something as above ....
and idea, (it could also pay for the hosting etc)

and individual writers i suggest it for your own material as well  :D

Verbal Mike

There already is a BIP booklet on Lulu. I don't know if it's the revised edition or 1.0.
There was a link somewhere here, I'll hunt it down later.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

LMNO

Oh.  lulu.  Syn used that to publish his edition of the PD, if i recall.

When you said "distribute", I figured they'd be doing it IRL.

barumunk

oh damn, well that sucks  :lol: i'll search for it now.
sry bout the dbl post then  :|

found it: http://www.lulu.com/content/1134801
please disregard/delete my pointless thread :P