News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Unrelated.

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, July 07, 2007, 02:18:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

lemme guess, they probably don't realize that this is what they are seeking for?

because if you put it that way even the most retarded idiot would know what could never be a stable solution.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BumWurst

The problem I see here is that it continues the idealogy of the last 2000 years that we (as a species) are seperate from nature. We aren't. If nature has had its time, then so have we. Not even close to being a part of the "airy fairy" wicca, tree-hugger shit ... simply that any increase in the opposition of order equals an increase in disorder. Is current global warming an example of this? Human's have tried to control nature and now nature is cranking up the chaos.

Some would say the problem is one innate to consciousness - the human ability to build "fences" around elements of the All, using words to define actions or states and thereby form concepts,  is what allows us to manipulate our environment. We see "objects" rather than functions of chaos, and divide the primeval forest of the universe into tame, useful fields. This ensures our short-term survival but also means that only the most exceptional individuals are capable of comprehending the "big picture," the unfiltered, non-conceptualised "All" and we are surprised when the balance of the system re-asserts itself.
Our many cruelties could be the result of our cheerful willingness to impose divisions where none exist, to make the distinction between "Us" and "Them" as boneheadedly as we made the distinction between ourselves and the world of which we are a part...
"He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it."

Cain

Quote from: triple zero on July 14, 2007, 05:48:18 PM
lemme guess, they probably don't realize that this is what they are seeking for?

because if you put it that way even the most retarded idiot would know what could never be a stable solution.

Depends.  Not all markets require stability to function well.  So long as the state's laws back corporate power, their support is pretty much certain.  Usually they are the courted faction, not the targets (Iraq and Nigeria are the start of this trend being bucked) and so any instability likely works in their favour.

Triple Zero

e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Kaienne

I hope the bombs do drop and the world goes to hell. When all is said and done and all the coddled yuppies have died off 'cos they can't live without air conditioning, it's gonna be the street kids, the ones who already know how to survive without common luxuries (especially the ones who've read their Palahniuks and their Thompsons), who're gonna claim the Earth.
In a constant state of losing The Game.

AFK

please tell me you aren't serious. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Kaienne

I'm not really ever sure anymore.

AFK

Cause, it would seem to me the kids on the street are gonna get vaporized before the rich people who've managed to build bomb shelters. 

Kaienne

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Kaienne

Ok. The street kids who didn't get blowed up will inherit the Earth.
I guarantee it.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Kaienne on July 19, 2007, 07:09:14 PM
I guarantee it.

so, everybody who survives the apocalypse will inherit the Earth?

nothing beats a good tautology.

that which survives, survives.

AFK

I guarantee it.

They'll have to fight the cockroaches and rats for it. 

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 19, 2007, 07:30:43 PM
I guarantee it.

They'll have to fight the cockroaches and rats for it. 

War on the Rats and Cockroaches!!!! They want to Destroy our Freedoms!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Kaienne

Cockroaches would EAT YOUR BABY if you let them!
Are you going to stand for that?

BUY WAR BONDS