News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

hay guys check out my fursona pic

Started by Kaienne, July 08, 2007, 05:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: Felix on July 09, 2007, 10:39:13 PM
GOD,

DAMN,

FLOATING WHOREHOUSE.

reference anybody?
--anybody but Felix

Idem

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

exuse me furry person did you draw the second thing too?

cause looking at the awesome first one and the extremely horrid second one, i cant understand how the same person drew them.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: mian tiao noodle on July 10, 2007, 12:11:54 AM
exuse me furry person did you draw the second thing too?

cause looking at the awesome first one and the extremely horrid second one, i cant understand how the same person drew them.

I thought the same thing.

But some people are really good with people, and not so good with geometric, and vice versa. I consider myself decent at figures/people, but I know for a fact that I am crap at much of anything else. It might be something like that, maybe?

Or tomfoolery. A genie granted three wishes, and the first two were crap, so the third one was a good drawing?
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Kaienne

In a constant state of losing The Game.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

ok so you make awesome patterns and shitty people. cool.

lol  im oposite that

East Coast Hustle

I like the tree one.

it pains me to say it, but the furry might not be all bad.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

i like the one with the pentagram as well.

apart from that, my advice:

a) practice practice practice practice drawing humans (HUMANS)
b) or give up on it entirely and do the geometric and nature things

because, looking at the tree, you can draw nature things quite well too

i think i'm a bit similar. unless i make my characters really tiny scribbly and abstract cartoonesque, i suck at human shapes. diddly patterns and trees and plants are lovely though, i can totally lose myself into drawing all the little details. those fine "turn-around" ink-pens are my favourite tool--dunno what the right english word is for it, it's this http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kroontjespen but finer and slightly different.
i should actually try if i can still do it, it's been years and my hands are twitchy these days.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Kaienne

Eh. I have a long way to go in the black and white style, too... Just nobody's ever seen anything like it, so everyone thinks it's so cool.

I wish I had a smaller pen. 0.18mm is too big.

Triple Zero

i dunno, i've seen things "like it", sorta, doodles like that at least. the difference is that you start out with a large pencil design and actually give it some meaning instead of just getting down and see where it goes.

another tip, i got from my art teacher once (though maybe he was wrong), you draw in black on white right? if you have a large area that is black, do not simply paint it flat black, but try to shade it really, really dark. the difference is very subtle, but it's the distinction between having a black "hole" in your painting, distracting from all the tiny details, and having a black area in your painting, going together with the details. especially if you're going for the really fine lines, this can be important (but a lot more work hehe)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on July 10, 2007, 07:08:10 AM
I like the tree one.

it pains me to say it, but the furry might not be all bad.

I'm really bummed also.
This space for rent.

Kaienne

Quote from: triple zero on July 10, 2007, 10:03:27 AM
i dunno, i've seen things "like it", sorta, doodles like that at least. the difference is that you start out with a large pencil design and actually give it some meaning instead of just getting down and see where it goes.

another tip, i got from my art teacher once (though maybe he was wrong), you draw in black on white right? if you have a large area that is black, do not simply paint it flat black, but try to shade it really, really dark. the difference is very subtle, but it's the distinction between having a black "hole" in your painting, distracting from all the tiny details, and having a black area in your painting, going together with the details. especially if you're going for the really fine lines, this can be important (but a lot more work hehe)

If you look closely at the one I opened the thread with, you'll find that Yin is made of spirals. :D

faust

those are really good.
I was wondering could I get some high res files of them to print off.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Kaienne on July 10, 2007, 11:53:09 AM
If you look closely at the one I opened the thread with, you'll find that Yin is made of spirals. :D

holy fuck

i second faust, i want a high res scan!

Kaienne

Oh.
Um.
I... Could probably try to do that maybe...?
Let me come down off the Acid, first.