News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

bad idea off the top of my head

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, July 09, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Yeah. Basically saying, yeah we can point out the bullshit but could we deliver the remedy?

So where to start?  I think defining the difference between 'people' and 'government' is a good start, but 'the people' is self-explanatory and 'government' is the set of processes by which they govern themselves (or not).
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LHX

any action by any person where the motive is to CONTROL something/someone rather than to WORK WITH something/someone should be dealt with by the most severe penalty

to have a 'government' which is composed of a segment of 'the people' suggests that there is a segment of 'the people' which is unable to govern self

if i am unable to govern myself - i would hope that somebody would kill me

if i am able to govern myself - then i want access to a chunk of fertile soil and to be left the fuck alone
neat hell

LMNO

I'll start by proposing mandatory education until the age of 25.

Forteetu

Quote from: LMNO on July 11, 2007, 12:52:29 PM
I'll start by proposing mandatory execution over the age of 25.

fixdidit
WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

LMNO

Darth Cupcake

Perhaps you will renew in the fiery ritual of PD.com...

LHX - Succinctly put. I agree. People call me over-analytic and far less charitable things when I point that out, particularly because once you take that idea and accept it, you can spread it to many other concepts/happenings (not unlike Fanon's colonial theory!). I do quite agree with you, though.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LHX

Quote from: LMNO on July 11, 2007, 12:52:29 PM
I'll start by proposing mandatory education until the age of 250.
neat hell

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: LHX on July 11, 2007, 02:32:37 AM

if i am able to govern myself - then i want access to a chunk of fertile soil and to be left the fuck alone

Not everyone is that reasonable.  Some people refuse to govern themselves, and some people refuse to limit their government to themselves.  There are other factors as well that require "governmental" action faster than any deliberative body can be expected to act.  That is the basis of the need for an executive branch of government - law enforcement, etc.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Forteetu

WOMP'd

Episkopos of the Discordian Society

http://42.dia.net.au - Forteetu

LMNO

LHX

neat hell

AFK

Is it the early incarnation of the Staples Easy Button?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Quote from: vexati0n on July 11, 2007, 11:35:45 PM
Quote from: LHX on July 11, 2007, 02:32:37 AM

Not everyone is that reasonable.  Some people refuse to govern themselves, and some people refuse to limit their government to themselves.  There are other factors as well that require "governmental" action faster than any deliberative body can be expected to act.  That is the basis of the need for an executive branch of government - law enforcement, etc.

heh you know the governmental structure of the "Enlightened Dictator" ? which would be a perfect government, given that the dictator is "enlightened" enough. which is a completely fictional / academic / hypothetical situation of course and could never really happen because no human exists that is smart/enlightened enough.

now, you can actually take this structure one step further, and do completely without a dictator. because since we're talking a hypothetical / academic idea here, why not aim for the ungovernmental structure of:
"The Enlightened People"
simply said, it's the ultimate hippie pipe dream "what if everybody would be nice to eachother", or a little less stoopid, "what if everybody instinctively did the right thing" ..

hey once we're dreaming, how about

The Enlightened Reality

wherein, everybody is just doing their thing just like we do now, only by the improbably possibility of pure chance everything just happens to turn out for the best.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.